GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has your car been reliable? (2013 Edition)

Has your mk6 Golf experienced a major failure throughout its lifetime?

• No Issues. I am not modded.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • No Issues. I am modded.

Votes: 64 41.8%
  • I've had one or more major repairs. I am not modded.

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • I've had one or more major repairs. I am modded, but on a system unrelated to the failure.

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I've had one or more major repairs. I am modded in a fashion that had an influence on the failure.

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Has your car experienced a major failure throughout its lifetime?

• This includes parts you've had to get replaced under warranty, or parts you've had to replace outside of warranty.
  • This includes non-essential systems such as window motors or even headlight bulbs.
  • This does NOT include parts you would otherwise be justly denied warranty service due to your negligence or an accident.
  • This does not include recalls or TSB's.
  • This does not include standard maintainence such as oil changes or DSG tune-ups.
  • This does not include fit and finish issues such as interior panel rattles.
I wanted to create a poll to monitor the reliability of our cars. A recent post got me thinking that while a forum is a great for asking for help, venting or even just getting the word out if a problem occurs, this often gives forum members or guests a bad impression of the overall reliability of the mk6. Plenty of members here do not have an issue with their cars, so perhaps a poll asking whether or not you have experienced a problem will give us a better idea of the distribution of failures in the field.

So in the interest of getting a clearer picture of how these cars are doing, in conjunction with some training I'm taking to analyze data like this, please drop your vote in the poll above (tapatalk users, try this link to take you to the web version so you can vote). Also, drop your vote, mileage and car in the thread. Thanks :thumbsup:

Here's mine. '12 GTI with 37k miles. No major issues.

Note that 2013 refers to the year this poll has been run. It does not mean you have to be a MY 2013 to vote!

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Needs Poll.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I know you said 2013.. but I have a 2010 I bought new and have had essentially zero issues with it. I don't count things like a leaky rear washer nozzle (which it doesn't seem to do anymore) or an occasional erroneous check engine light or TMPS light that has come on (again has not done this in quite some time now.

The car does seem to idle a bit oddly on occasion but really no major issues to speak of. It's been a pretty good car the past 3 years I've owned it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Owned it a year and 3 months so far, 13000km only! No problem so far!

:thumbup:

Hope it stay trouble free!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
where dat poll, doe?

Charlie Sheen

Ready to race!
Bought mine brand new in January 2013.
13 000km / 8 100miles

So far, my car is at the dealer since yesterday morning. I wasn't able to put my car in reverse and every single gears were difficult to engage. They told me that a rod in the shifter assembly was bent. They will fix it under waranty

I'm 100% sure it is not my fault. I haven't miss a single shift neither I did force to put it in gear.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
poll thread useless without poll....

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Clutch went around 15k, my fault.
Water pump is going around 28k, not my fault.
Car has been great :)

Where be ze poll

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
2012 base 6spd. No issues other than the misfire that ate cyl 4, requiring the new motor. Its a great car and that issue can happen to any make or model. Rare but possible. I consider my car very reliable. I get compliments here in Germany on the quality of the finish often.

palma

Ready to race!
The only thing so far has been a leaking rear washer nozzle.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Mine is a 2011 Golf, no problems. Had it to the dealer yesterday for the two year "free" service. :thumbup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
2008.5 TSI MKV

DSG Mechatronic Recall - 28K ($8.5K Warranty FYI)
DSG Reflash - 32K
Intake Manifold - 70K (Havent replaced yet)
Coil Pack Malfunction (#2 and #4) - 35K
Subframe Clunk - 28K
Clock Spring Failure - 60K
CBFA Combi Valve Leak (Intermittent) - 40K
Water Pump - 34K (Warranty)
Misfires at Startup - every now and then when its hot
DV Failure - 34K (Stage 1)
TPMS Failure - 52K (Didn't bother replacing)
Valvetrain Cover Leak - Has died down more after K04 removal
Turbo Replaced under previous owner - 19K
Door Speaker Failure - 68K
Ridiculous interior rattles in winter
Valve Cleaning (Coming soon)
Rear Washer Nozzle Leak - Continual
Wastegate Rattle - 70K when my IHI went back on

I think I got them all, I'll add more when I look at my list at home.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer