GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest mileage GTI on here?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Steering wheel wear?? Just take care of it.. 40k miles and 3 years old and my 2012 wheel looks brand new.

How to take care of it?

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
79.xxx km so far
- intake manifold changed
- oil seal of axle joint to the gearbox replaced

steering wheel vibrates little between 110-130 km/h during hard acceleration and uphill... wheels are balanced, I don't know the reason, it doesn't bother me so much.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
yup, garage queens are gay as shit.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
67,xxx on mine.

REPLACED SO FAR...
-- intake manifold (warranty)
-- water pump (thermostat and ECT sensor as well)
-- MAF sensor
-- oil dipstick tube

WAP

Go Kart Champion
How to take care of it?

Try keeping your hands clean when driving, and cleanit every once in a while. Mine looks new 3.5 years in.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Try keeping your hands clean when driving, and cleanit every once in a while. Mine looks new 3.5 years in.

Will do.

Mike A.

Ready to race!
Bought my 2010 with 29k miles on it in April of 2013. Now it has 57k miles, I haven't been without a car payment since I lived in Germany back in '00-'04. I'll have mine paid off next Dec and it should have about 70k miles on it. I think I'll keep it and look for a 07-09 Tacoma 4x4 to have as a 2nd car.

...or get a MK7 R :D

Only problem I've had was the manifold but was replaced under warranty.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
2 years 120,000 miles. 0 problems. Stage 2 Apr from 10,000 miles. Just did timing chain and First intake valve clean last week.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
2 years 120,000 miles. 0 problems. Stage 2 Apr from 10,000 miles. Just did timing chain and First intake valve clean last week.

Was it the timing chain tensioner you replaced? What made you do it?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Wow 60k a year, that's impressive. 105k and 85k for mine and nothing new to report.