GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
A few months ago at lunch, I was walking back to my car and noticed a CSG MKVI GTI parked right next to it.. and I always park very far away from other cars, so this was no accident by the owner. Anyway, as I'm getting into my car I notice a girl, early 20s, walking up to the CSG GTI. I ask if it's her car, she says it is, and we talk for a minute or two.. she asks about my LED tails and my wheels, etc. I ask her if she ever goes on the forums, she says nope. I tell her she should come out to our regular weekly meets (~30 VWs show up normally). I can sense that she's creeped out and she's like "Well, my boyfriend likes VWs a lot, maybe he's been there before".

So yeah, pretty sure she thought I was hitting on her or something. But 1. I'm in a committed relationship (I've lived with my GF for the past 5+ yrs), 2. I invite every VW enthusiast to our meets (young or old, male or female, doesn't matter), 3. Get over yourself, I wouldn't have hit on you even if I was single. :D

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
We have quite a few in NJ that I've seen or spoken with. Usually either white or black or so I've seen up to this point. We have one in our NJ VW fb group, she's pretty cool and an enthusiast too which is cool.

d4dawg

Ready to race!
Wife's cousin (a girl) drives a CSG Autobahn. She is a musician and never change the radio away the Symphony channel. She has no clue/don't care about how the DSG is not a regular automatic transmission. Most likely never use the paddles or M/S mode. And she complained about the GTI drives rough and too loud. I don't know why she chose the GTI, when a Golf would have suited her better.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Wife's cousin (a girl) drives a CSG Autobahn. She is a musician and never change the radio away the Symphony channel. She has no clue/don't care about how the DSG is not a regular automatic transmission. Most likely never use the paddles or M/S mode. And she complained about the GTI drives rough and too loud. I don't know why she chose the GTI, when a Golf would have suited her better.

Tell her to disconnect Soundaktor

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion

Two words. Plaid seats.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Theres a link out here to a site listing the 10 most pulled over cars in the US, and a statistic on that page showed that about 55-60% (I'm not sure of the number) of GTI owners are women.

GTI ranked #10 in the most pulled over BTW

ltdan48

Passed Driver's Ed
When I got my GTI I went from a 3/4 ton diesel truck. The guys at the station had a good ol time with me too about it, but after they really checked out the GTI, quite a few of them quietly let me in on the secret that they want one too. Those were my special guys in NW Florida. I could care less what any of the guys at the station I'm at now say because none of us get to see our cars/trucks since we're in Afghanistanimation. Doesn't stop me from buying goodies for when I get home though!

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
My wife's 90% driver on the GTI. I take it when my Z can't fit shit in the hatch...which happens a lot :/

matthewk

Passed Driver's Ed
My neighbor drives the h3ll out of her r32

emanes

I'm female and just bought a used GTI to replace a Mini Cooper that got totaled in a hail storm. My husband thinks it's "manlier" than the Mini and isn't embarrassed to be seen driving it. I think it looks like something my 19 yo son should drive, and would have preferred white or black (it's red), but I love it anyway because I can get my dogs, bike, or a week's worth of groceries in it. And it sounds awesome! The sales guy was impressed by my knowledge and appreciation of cars :)

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I have seen quite a few girls and older women over the years driving R32's. One older lady I saw in an MK5 R one time at home depot (I had my 20th at the time) she started talking to me after I parked next to her said she had an MK4 she bought new and then traded it in for the MK5. My MK6 was owned by a girl who traded it in for a Golf R. My E92 M3 was owned by a girl who also owned a 335i that was her DD. Her lease was up on my M3 and leased a 2011 M3 same Alpine White with extended black Novillo and same exact loaded out options and packages.

Also my old 06 is350 was previously owned by a girl. It's crazy my past 3 cars were all previously female owned cars. And even more crazy they all happened to be at the dealer the day I was there buying the cars.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I see way more dudes around here driving GTIs. 75% of them are 40+. I feel like it's sort of a girly looking car though, especially mine since it's white.