GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many R's were made? Where can I find the breakdown?

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Hey everyone. So my dad is a corvette guy, and he is all about knowing how many Vette's were made each year and in what color and with what trim etc etc.
This is just an example it's not accurate
For example his vette and year- 08 c6 in crystal red tint coat and 3lz trim with the auto trans and nav there were something like 856 total made just like it

So I told him how special my R is, how it's a limited production car and somewhat of a collectors car, definitely an enthusiasts car. So of course he wants to know, exactly how many were made, how many were available to the U.S how many were made in 4-door and how many were made in the color I got.

So to appease him I have been trying to find this info, and I can't seem to figure it out:confused:

Is there a website where all this data can be found, now I am actually really wanting to know just how rare my exact car/build is.

My R is a Candy White 4-door 6mt with sunroof, nav, and cold weather package, it doesn't have the 19" wheel package.

Any help is very much appreciated;)

Thanks

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
'13 4dr golf r - 1933 made in the US
That's all I found with a 12 second Google search.

Sent via a microwave.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Judging by the fact that you have a CW and everyone loves white and a lot of cars are white I assume it is pretty common lol. That is an assumption of course.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Well, I have not found exact figures for the amount ofnR's that were built, nor have I found exact numbers for the amount imported into the U.S

Rough estimates seem to loom around 3000 entered thenU.S for the entire mk6 R, not just model year, Canada only got 750. So that includes all 4 colors, and both the 3-dr and 5-dr, now add different options like a sunroof, and the numbers of cars plummet, then also add nav and they get even more rare, then segregate by color and #'s of doors and you can see how the car becomes hard to replace. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there is less than 100 in the U.S EXACTLY like mine...

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
I can get the breakdown for Canada, but then again it's easier as we were only optioned one way - essentially loaded (sunroof/nav/cold), 4door.

I do know that we did not get CW or TR for 2013, and TR is by far the rarest color with only 27 (IIRC) being offered in our market out of 750.

Sorry could not be of more help.

McQueen77

Banned
5500ish total...

Rough approx of color distribution based on vortex registry:
35% Rising Blue
23% Candy White
22% Carbon Steel Grey
14% Deep Black Pearl
6% Tornado Red

This is more accurate. I saw 2013 sales figures and theyve barely sold 35% of those Rs

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
This is more accurate. I saw 2013 sales figures and theyve barely sold 35% of those Rs

You have to think, those numbers are of those who actually registered to vwvortex AND put their info into that thread.

this was posted May 1st 2013:
Jan - 192
Feb - 274
Mar - 269
Apr - 352
May - 423
Jun - 447
Jul - 382
Aug - 382
Sep - 330
Oct - 274
Nov - 277
Dec - 292
Jan - 202
Feb - 262
Mar - 227
Apr - 149

2012 Sold - 3894
2013 Sold - 840
Total Sold - 4734

The above years do NOT denote MY, just simply calendar year.

Chart to follow later this evening:
Source

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
You have to think, those numbers are of those who actually registered to vwvortex AND put their info into that thread.

this was posted May 1st 2013:

Hence "rough" approximation:D

In terms of ranking the color distribution, the sample size was large enough to be fairly accurate, CW and CSG may be the only ones that might have a chance of being out of order... but I think not. Probably more CW's since that is very popular.