GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews Dimple® Magnetic Drain Plugs and Black Hole Magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDrama

my (the vendors) discount didn't rely on a "good review". that sounds kind of strange. if you were not happy, they would have decided not to give anyone discounts?

don't even know why im posting in here still.. just something to do this morning.

Whoa! Is it a new concept to you that companies use discount/coupons to promote their product when they know a review, etc. will draw attention to their product? What is wrong with that? Get over yourself, dude.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just wanna say that I originally spoke to Hyde about these plugs over the phone and then a week later I called to order them. I got the black hole magnets for free because I happened to have a nice discussion with the seller. It was at his discression and I also bought an oil plug and a trans plug from the guy. I'll review the oil plug on my next change which is up in a couple months.

On that note, when Hyde does reviews he does them with more detail because he gives a shit. If someone is giving him a promo price for a good review, so what? As long as the review is honest it doesn't matter.

PLAC discount? I was the first person to even buy the UR Turboback for the Mk6. I even got a different setup than most. I also got a hell of a promo price and promised them I would post an honest review. No where in all the pms, threads or questions I got did I ever reveal what I paid or give an false pretenses.

You guys should stop trying to castrate a guy for trying products out and giving detailed reviews. Seriously from the same guy who has a downpipe thread miles long that won't go away.
If the review wasn't as detailed you all would be the same people asking all the same redundant detailed questions and "picking things apart".

I have a friend that is sponsored by 034 for his audi motor build thread. Not like he's just gonna sit there and say everything is great if its not.

If someone is willing to try all sorts of new products and post their experiences and put extra effort into it then why the hell not. If I was going to get something free or a discount I would do the same thing.

Its also called having confidence in your product too. These vendors don't know what we will write but if they stand behind their shit than they have nothing to worry about. They give discounts or whatever just to get someone to write a decent review in the first place as most of us won't or are just too lazy or busy.

I wrote the laziest review on the HPA mount cause I was in a hurry but I made a thread about it just to post my point at least and thats all it really needed. Still it could've been better but I wanted it as more of an announcement.

Lastly, Hyde did go a little out of his was for the dimple plug guy because he believed in what he was selling and wanted to help out the little guy and saw it as something a lot of ppl on here probably didn't know about. Shit, I was using a shitty pep boys magnetic plug from where I work at the time. No leaks but still, the Dimple Plug I can barely line up when I go to put it in cause the magnets so strong. Its fricken nice.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Just wanna say that I originally spoke to Hyde about these plugs over the phone and then a week later I called to order them. I got the black hole magnets for free because I happened to have a nice discussion with the seller. It was at his discression and I also bought an oil plug and a trans plug from the guy. I'll review the oil plug on my next change which is up in a couple months.

On that note, when Hyde does reviews he does them with more detail because he gives a shit. If someone is giving him a promo price for a good review, so what? As long as the review is honest it doesn't matter.

PLAC discount? I was the first person to even buy the UR Turboback for the Mk6. I even got a different setup than most. I also got a hell of a promo price and promised them I would post an honest review. No where in all the pms, threads or questions I got did I ever reveal what I paid or give an false pretenses.

You guys should stop trying to castrate a guy for trying products out and giving detailed reviews. Seriously from the same guy who has a downpipe thread miles long that won't go away.
If the review wasn't as detailed you all would be the same people asking all the same redundant detailed questions and "picking things apart".

I have a friend that is sponsored by 034 for his audi motor build thread. Not like he's just gonna sit there and say everything is great if its not.

If someone is willing to try all sorts of new products and post their experiences and put extra effort into it then why the hell not. If I was going to get something free or a discount I would do the same thing.

Its also called having confidence in your product too. These vendors don't know what we will write but if they stand behind their shit than they have nothing to worry about. They give discounts or whatever just to get someone to write a decent review in the first place as most of us won't or are just too lazy or busy.

I wrote the laziest review on the HPA mount cause I was in a hurry but I made a thread about it just to post my point at least and thats all it really needed. Still it could've been better but I wanted it as more of an announcement.

Lastly, Hyde did go a little out of his was for the dimple plug guy because he believed in what he was selling and wanted to help out the little guy and saw it as something a lot of ppl on here probably didn't know about. Shit, I was using a shitty pep boys magnetic plug from where I work at the time. No leaks but still, the Dimple Plug I can barely line up when I go to put it in cause the magnets so strong. Its fricken nice.

^x10

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
there's a reason it's taken me 6 years to build the perfect GTI. not everyone is as picky.

I do like that your "picky" but still man.....its doesn't mean that many of us aren't either. I feel like thats what I like most about all of us GTI owners and German car owners for that matter. We give a damn about the little stuff. Its usually the reasoning behind buying German in the first place.

I'm so picky that even when I pay to have something installed. I go back in and re-check every bolt. Which isn't bad because it seems I always find something.

I'm so picky I recently just spent $160.00 on an Optima Red Top Batter I didn't even need yet (my battery was only 2 years old) just because it matched the car and under the hood better, and because I could route pos. amp wire to the additional side post much cleaner lol. But still ppl at work were like.....why the F4ck did Dave just buy a battery? The $160 was after my discount lol.

Most of us are picky enough to where when our cars aren't 100 percent right than we aren't 100 percent right. That kinda ties into mod-itis a little too though. The feeling of a complete build or a good stopping point.

I'm not even done with my in progress suspension mods (3k in the next 2 months) and the other day I was thinking ....hmm urethane control arm bushings ...sure why not.......thats bad....lol. its a sickness need be kept at bay sometimes...but its a whole lot better than shooting crack off of a midgets bald head though

allset

Go Kart Champion
I do like that your "picky" but still man.....its doesn't mean that many of us aren't either. I feel like thats what I like most about all of us GTI owners and German car owners for that matter. We give a damn about the little stuff. Its usually the reasoning behind buying German in the first place.

I'm so picky that even when I pay to have something installed. I go back in and re-check every bolt. Which isn't bad because it seems I always find something.

I'm so picky I recently just spent $160.00 on an Optima Red Top Batter I didn't even need yet (my battery was only 2 years old) just because it matched the car and under the hood better, and because I could route pos. amp wire to the additional side post much cleaner lol. But still ppl at work were like.....why the F4ck did Dave just buy a battery? The $160 was after my discount lol.

Most of us are picky enough to where when our cars aren't 100 percent right than we aren't 100 percent right. That kinda ties into mod-itis a little too though. The feeling of a complete build or a good stopping point.

I'm not even done with my in progress suspension mods (3k in the next 2 months) and the other day I was thinking ....hmm urethane control arm bushings ...sure why not.......thats bad....lol. its a sickness need be kept at bay sometimes...but its a whole lot better than shooting crack off of a midgets bald head though

yes, say no to midgets.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
hmm i think i'll get the filter magnets, bc i plan on getting the fumoto valve.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I saw this plug somewhere on one of the oil change threads (not this one). The site looks legit, and it certainly looked like a more robust plug that the the ECS one, and although making magnetic oil plugs at $34.95 a pop sounds like a helluva way to make a living, I bit. The product came well advertised, per the OP. Did my first oil change yesterday at 3700 miles. Ordered this plug, a 6 pack of factory filters from Keffer, and the factory Castrol from Amazon. Was driving past the dealer, noted it was 116 degrees out, and decided "eff it" whatever they were going to charge for labor was better than being outside (or in my inferno of a garage) changing oil. They changed it for $26.00 labor, and put in the new plug. (I asked them to give me the old plug to document not pocketing my bad ass magnetic plug that, per the claims, could suck the rings off the pistons;) It was an allen plug like others have discussed....kinda chincy looking.. They also documented my magnetic plug on their service detail. It's all in and I plan on changing the oil again myself at 7500 (when I'm at 65 degrees and you Northerners are at brrrrr)and we'll see if this thing has any "friends" attached to it.

Of course, maybe I missed all the metal shavings in the first 3700 miles. :D
Or as others have suggested, perhaps filter grabs all the metal anyway. For 34 bucks on a turbo car in the desert, hey, seemed like a solid deal to me.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for posting your initial impressions of these magnets.

Here's an example of what I collected after 5,000 miles. While hard to see I can assure you that the black covering the magnet tip was actually super fine metal filings.

MastaChunco

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought the filter magnets they look like a good idea. I also found that I had a paypal balance from selling items in Diablo 3 (video game). So it's kinda like getting them for free.

Planning to change my oil for the first time between 3-4k miles and installing a magnetic plug. Not sure if I am using this one or not as its pricey but hey maybe I can make some more cash off the game and get it for "free" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.