GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - ST Coilover Kit

BeinLOUD

Awesome review, very helpful in a costly deicision

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
So these are more comfortable than the DG springs & stock struts? I would have imagined these would be stiffer and less comfortable overall. Not saying that they can't be comfortable, but I would imagine in terms of comfort, springs/struts will outweigh coils.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I've only had mine on for a few months but after they have settled I noticed they have a bit more of a "bouncy" feel than the first month or so of testing. I'm all the way down in the front and about a 1/4" of threads showing in the rear. It's the only suspension mod I have right now, but I feel some sway bars in the future will compliment this very nicely!

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I've only had mine on for a few months but after they have settled I noticed they have a bit more of a "bouncy" feel than the first month or so of testing. I'm all the way down in the front and about a 1/4" of threads showing in the rear. It's the only suspension mod I have right now, but I feel some sway bars in the future will compliment this very nicely!

i love my rear sway bar..
get them!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't consider anything OEM crappy except our pressure plate :) Interesting either way.

EDIT:
...and water pump, timing tensioner, intake manifold.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I am interested in the longevity of these coils vs OEM struts and DG springs.

Let me know if you get a ride in a GTI with B8s. Would be an interesting comparison.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
I am interested in the longevity of these coils vs OEM struts and DG springs.

Let me know if you get a ride in a GTI with B8s. Would be an interesting comparison.

If you want ultimate set it and forget it longevity, get Bilstein dampers and DG springs.

Bilsteins will retain 97%+ damping coefficient even after 100k miles.

Some will counter this with "well x brand has a warranty blah blah". To that I say... I'll let this guy tell you about warranties.
http://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4?t=59s

Hi Ryan! :word:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Welcome back Matt! :clap:

Anything this man says is gospel, he is the foremost suspension master.

If you want ultimate set it and forget it longevity, get Bilstein dampers and DG springs.

Bilsteins will retain 97%+ damping coefficient even after 100k miles.

Some will counter this with "well x brand has a warranty blah blah". To that I say... I'll let this guy tell you about warranties.
http://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4?t=59s

Hi Ryan! :word: