GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Subframe Collar Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

nchiarel

Same quality?? I think you posted this on the thread I originally saw this on over on the other forum haha.

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I've done a ton of reading on the WALK kit, basically this is what it comes down to:
-heavier AWD R32's reported some shearing issues with the WALK's poly bushings
-the lighter MK5 and MK6's have reported great feedback and no durability issues
-some have removed them due to NVH for daily driving (as to be expected)
-the WALK kit adds 0.5 degrees of caster for a tighter steering feel and possible traction gain but this is done through location change of the aluminum housing
-The SuperPro bushings offer the same caster through an offset hole in the poly bushings while retaining the OEM aluminum housing
-The Audi TT bushings are considered to be the best of both worlds, added steering precision, possible traction gain, lowest NVH for an upgraded bushing but does not add caster

Allset will be installing the WALK kit and will have a full review in the coming weeks.

Hyde, I wanna say you might be able to take the WALK kit and push the TT buhsings into the housing. So than you'll definitely get the best of both worlds.

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
ARP bolts in locations 3 & 4 = 52 ft/lbs
Brand new Audi bolts in locations, 1, 2, 5, 6 = 82 ft/lbs + 1/4 turn

Just an update of my tyrol/audi bolt progress.

So I ordered 4 x Audi bolt part number (Part # N-908-235-01), for location 1,2,5, and 6.

And from the photo it looks like I misunderstood it being an Audi bolt part number N-908-235-01 for the control arm. (location 2 and 5)

The bolt for the control arm shown below has no spacer ring on it and is grey in color

vs the audi bolt with the spacer ring and is blueish in color, this is the bolt I got for part number N-908-235-01

Then again, if I use the OEM control arm bracket, it looks like the bolt with the spacer ring will fit - if it is for the control arm also to begin with.

So I ordered new VW replacement bolt for the control arm and I hope that is the end of it. The car drive so much better now, but there's still the odd knock noise every now and then.

Yet, the ride don't suffer even with the knock being present. Where as before I replaced the bolt on location 1,3,4, and 6 it feels like I'm riding on dead shocks and saggy springs plus loose steering.

Danz5k1

Ready to race!
I have the W.A.L.K fitted and there's no noise whatsoever, but of course one day it will need some lubricating. Just bath (literally) the bushing with lots of suitable grease prior to installing and that should be all good. All I did was use the supplied grease by whiteline - every last bit of them.

The only time it made noise was when the subframe was loose.

I am finding this subframe design to be very annoying.

nchiarel

I'm installing the Tyrol rigid collar kit soon. Should I install a sway bar? I haven't heard much of a need for them but am not sure how much they'd affect driving? Any concerns for daily driving? Are people doing the front and rear? Which brands are recommended?

Thanks

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!

CobraKing

Ready to race!
I'm installing the Tyrol rigid collar kit soon. Should I install a sway bar? I haven't heard much of a need for them but am not sure how much they'd affect driving? Any concerns for daily driving? Are people doing the front and rear? Which brands are recommended?

Thanks

People upgrade the FSB while they do the collar kit install because of the labour and hassle involved with dropping the subframe. Do a search or look at the sticky posts at the top of this forum for brand suggestions.

nchiarel

People upgrade the FSB while they do the collar kit install because of the labour and hassle involved with dropping the subframe. Do a search or look at the sticky posts at the top of this forum for brand suggestions.

Thanks, APR FSB will be ordered Monday. Might as well do it during the clutch/rigid collar/control arm bushing install.

Ill do the rear kit and swaybar in a few months.