GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Info on the New MK7 Golf R (300hp)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
News Flash: Turbocharged cars don't sound as good as N/A ones.....

who cares. Many other things to care about.

The quad exhaust looks well executed, stock ride height looks pretty darn low. And those are one of the few sets of OEM VW wheels that I wouldn't want to kick to the curb immediately after the purchase. Things are looking good here.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Idk, there's hope for turbocharged cars if the Agera R or Huayra are anything to go by. Not your average DDs by any means, but awesome sound nonetheless.

butchered by autocorrecr

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So we're loving it now?? :laugh:

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

I think what you should have said was Higher displacement engines sound better than lower displacement engines.

krische

vdubber in training
I think what you should have said was Higher displacement engines sound better than lower displacement engines.

The old Formula 1 V10s and V12s were only 3 liters, and those sounded pretty good.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
yes'th.

As the GolfMK6 turns..........

Replace the McDonalds with MK7

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
The old Formula 1 V10s and V12s were only 3 liters, and those sounded pretty good.

OK you got me there as I didn't mention anything about staying in similar rev ranges. Those f1 engines were nuts with a rev ceiling of 22k+

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i like it.

now :lol:

barische

Go Kart Champion
Sorry ass haldex system again!!! The question is can we adjust % of power transfered to front/rear without purchase of a haldex controller... I am still very skeptical of this new R, I feel its just gonna be remodeled Mk6.. I hold my case

R needs LSDs, TTRS sprindles/improved roll center, defetable ESP, haldex bias adjustability and ~300hp

now if they could provide all these with that nice luxurious interior they will destroy all the sales of EVOs and STIs

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Sorry ass haldex system again!!! The question is can we adjust % of power transfered to front/rear without purchase of a haldex controller... I am still very skeptical of this new R, I feel its just gonna be remodeled Mk6.. I hold my case

R needs LSDs, TTRS sprindles/improved roll center, defetable ESP, haldex bias adjustability and ~300hp

now if they could provide all these with that nice luxurious interior they will destroy all the sales of EVOs and STIs

The R is not now, nor ever will be an EVO/STI killer. And a limited production run of 5500 R's will destroy the sales of nothing even if it was the EVO/STI killer of your dreams.

Oh, and I'll bet you my R's sorry ass Haldex system is better than your sorry ass fwd system :p