GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Install Notes: CCTA Ultimate Racing Resonated Downpipe + Unibrace UB

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
doesnt let you choose a resonator style when ordering. only thing different about my order is i have a ceramic cat version. maybe it comes with a different style resonator. there are pics of all 3 styles somewhere on this forum. all the ones in the firts 10 pages of the UR downpipe review thread are the original, and largest one available.

yeah I read all 50 pages of that thread :laugh:
So metal cats might get a different resonator style vs ceramic cats? I'll send UR an email to see what they think. :thumbsup:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
yeah I read all 50 pages of that thread :laugh:
So metal cats might get a different resonator style vs ceramic cats? I'll send UR an email to see what they think. :thumbsup:

You can always roll your own and plug in the 3" Magnaflow resonator like Plac did on the original thread. Works great:

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
You can always roll your own and plug in the 3" Magnaflow resonator like Plac did on the original thread. Works great:

don't have the tools and time to cut the midpipe etc etc
just looking for a simple plug and play that will work with my UB without adding the spacers. Plac might have found a solution with the UR downpipe ceramic cat and resonator...I think you found a solution as well with your AWE Catback and UR downpipe (not sure what options you got) but it works without the spacers.
I'm pretty much following the same modding path as you - do the supporting mods before doing the actual tune :laugh:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
don't have the tools and time to cut the midpipe etc etc
just looking for a simple plug and play that will work with my UB without adding the spacers. Plac might have found a solution with the UR downpipe ceramic cat and resonator...I think you found a solution as well with your AWE Catback and UR downpipe (not sure what options you got) but it works without the spacers.
I'm pretty much following the same modding path as you - do the supporting mods before doing the actual tune :laugh:

Mine's a UR DP 400 cell with the "PLAC MOD" Magnaflow resonator. No Cel's in 1500 miles on the stock tune. I'm happy!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Plac & Aries Pope, how would you two describe the difference in sound between your two different downpipes (metal vs ceramic), and does one stink more than the other?

P

plac

Plac & Aries Pope, how would you two describe the difference in sound between your two different downpipes (metal vs ceramic), and does one stink more than the other?

the ceramic cat is def a bit quieter and more muffled in the higher rpms than my previous downpipes. which is what i wanted. even closer to bone stock sound.

one assumes the ceramic stinks less, since it has 200 more cells.