veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Never had one negative comment. Only compliments. :thumbsup:

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
"Front wheel drive? Why?"

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Yes truck driving guys who think they can drive since they once went in a straight line down a track ask why I bought a hatchback, but I just ignore them.

People who really know cars always compliment the GTI and I often get stopped so people can check it out. Loving all the compliments this car gets.

elwood1

Ready to race!
True car guys of all ages (I'm an old guy) know what a GTI is and what it can do. If those guys comment, the comments will all be favorable. Non car people just don't get it, ignore them and enjoy your car.

A_Bowers

BravoFoxtrot

I've heard this one several times since I bought my '12 GTI AB a few weeks ago:

"Is that your wife's new car?"

I get a ton of compliments from people "in the know", however. Even random strangers.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Had some guy in a 99 passat tell me my wheels were gay...thats really it otherwise for the most part I get compliments.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Me and my buddy were installing my LED tails at his house.

As we are enjoying the fruits of our labor (had to remove tire to remove stealth box), his wife walks out and says "Oh how cute, its like eye lashes!"

FML

tetrovski

Passed Driver's Ed
No insults so far in 2 weeks.
I have a Golf Highline and my friends are very impressed with the interior (leather, navi, etc...) and the general look at the car.
Unlike the US, Quebec is the paradise of hatchbacks...
they are everywhere, all brands...
There's 6 other Golfs on my street (mine's the nicest one... its 2012 :p)
VW are very popular in Montreal (and German cars in general). There's 12 VW dealers in a 25km (15 miles) radius from my house !
Still trying to understand why you guys get bitchy comments by BMW drivers... here in Quebec, the lowest priced BMW (128i coupe i think) is about 13k more expensive than my VW. Here, there's no hate between BMW and VW drivers... not the same price, not the same clientele.

Candy11

Ready to race!
Never got bashed/insulted for my car choice yet. I got a thumbs down from a kid with no use for a razor in a rimmed up altezza'd out mid 90's 325i once. I chick in an 8th gen civic said do you wanna trade cars? I said no thanks to many civics on the road. She said yea kinda.

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
Had a jacked up musclehead in an SRT-8 come up at a gas station...

...and say how his buddy worked for Car and Driver and said the GTI was the car he would get if he could only get one, and proceeded to ask a million questions...nice guy.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Can't say I've ever had an insults towards my GTI, then again I can't say I've had many compliments either.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Anyone who knows cars, compliments me. Girls all love the plaid interior, in fact most of my compliments on my car are from females.

My sister busts my chops for getting a VW, because she has a '99 jetta with a ton of issues and I always busted her chops for it.

One person said going from a used '07 328xi to a GTI was a total fail (I think he was more understanding once I presented my argument)

Yesterday at a convenience store someone asked "whose car is that" some section 8 white trash went "not mine, I'd never own that car" I held back saying "because you couldn't afford it"

Overall haters will hate, maybe because of that certain age range who owns cars like this with loud mufflers and stupid fucking "shocker" and "i heart pussy" stickers all over their hatch. But for the most part I keep my cars clean and everyone loves it.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
Me and my buddy were installing my LED tails at his house.

As we are enjoying the fruits of our labor (had to remove tire to remove stealth box), his wife walks out and says "Oh how cute, its like eye lashes!"

FML

All that hard work to put in badass LED's and your only reward is someone calling it cute. Its tough being a VW enthusiast.

Maybe this is how anime fans feel when the world makes fun of their hobby. No one understands but others in the community.

Yes, FML.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
I got another "cute" from a girl at work yesterday. I also get tons of compliments on the detroits. Car guy's want to know the stats, and every one of them has given me a "great car" or a "cool car" every time. A stranger in a SLS pulled up next to me in a parking lot, just to ask me about it. Nice guy, I asked him if he wanted to swap.
I've never gotten one insult or snide remark.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2