GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there another Sirius Trial?

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
If you have a sub can u listen to it on ur iPhone with an APP

Extra charge.

You can get a 7 day free trial with just a throw away email. Get a new email, get a new trial. Delete all the info from your phone with the old trial on it first doe. Worked for me 3-4 times on one phone.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Well I tried playing the dumb clueless consumer and I called them up asking if they had a promotion going on this past week because I was "really enjoying some of the channels that came on!" even though I didn't have a subscription.

The guy said yes and I then inquired about what promotions they have going on and all that shit and he spat out the usual numbers and I was like, "ohh what a shame that is definitely out of my budget right now, unless you guys had better promotions" in hopes of coaxing him into dealing better. It was like talking to a wall. He had zero motivation to reel me back in as a customer and soon enough I just cut him off, said thanks, and hung up.

Oh well, their loss not mine. The key to this may be being a customer from the past. So he may not have felt the need to try to get me on board.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Well I tried playing the dumb clueless consumer and I called them up asking if they had a promotion going on this past week because I was "really enjoying some of the channels that came on!" even though I didn't have a subscription.

The guy said yes and I then inquired about what promotions they have going on and all that shit and he spat out the usual numbers and I was like, "ohh what a shame that is definitely out of my budget right now, unless you guys had better promotions" in hopes of coaxing him into dealing better. It was like talking to a wall. He had zero motivation to reel me back in as a customer and soon enough I just cut him off, said thanks, and hung up.

Oh well, their loss not mine. The key to this may be being a customer from the past. So he may not have felt the need to try to get me on board.

Ya, the consistent factor in other users saying they pay $5 a month (or whatever low ball deal) is that they all already had a subscription at some point.

I, for instance, stopped user my RCD-510 at one point (after the three month initial trial time) because I slapped in an aftermarket deck, which didn't have a satellite tuner (I've since gone back to the RCD-510). During that period Sirius relentlessly sent me mail and even phoned me a good three or four times a month asking me to subscribe to full service. Eventually, after re-installing the RCD-510 I just coincidentally got some Sirius mail offering me $4 a month usage for six months. I took that deal, but then after the six months were up I noticed on the credit card bill that Sirius was now charging me $15 or more for the month when I thought the service was just going to stop all together after the six months. I phoned up the regular number and said, "Yo, what the f**k?" and the phone-guy said, "I can connect you to customer retention (or whatever Sirius calls their "complain to me and I'll settle your a$$ down" guy)". The retention guy said he gets calls all of the time about roll over re-subscriptions. I told him I had wanted the thing to just stop after the six months and that I would never pay more than the sale prices (around $5 a month). He then said, "Well, I'll give it to you for that, then. And, I'll also turn off your automatic re-subscribe option." And, that was that.

I fully expect to have to go through something similar to that after this six month's interval is up.

The funny thing is satellite radio totally blows anyway, but I love Howard Stern. The reason I would never pay more than $5 a month is because I think of it as renting Howard Stern 100/101 for a month. $15 a month may be worth it to someone who listens to the other stations, but I don't.

I wonder if you can simply phone up Sirius, ask for customer retention (or whatever the special dude is called) and flat out tell him that you'll pay the amount that you've been reading that lots of people get. For them $5 a month is more than $0 a month if you're not subscribing at all. You can also sign up for the e-mailing list and simply wait it out until they send you the standard special price deal. Once you're in for that, and then it runs out, you can follow the same steps we all follow to get it for cheap.