GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Its about time!

aaconn

Passed Driver's Ed

Well finally picked up some wheels, 18x8.5 et of 45 or 47 (can't remember). The tires are on the way went with 215/40-18 all around, I am not going to lie, I am a little worried about the tires being to small visually. I was going back and forth between 225 and 215 both 40 series. I decided about 215 I am on the h&r sport cup kit, the top of both fenders are 25 inches off the ground.

I am sure either would have worked but we will see. I will post up pics when i get them on the car.

Here is the car

Here is one just laying up against the rotor, I didn't have the longer bolts so couldn't do a proper test fit.

But tires, bolts, hub centric rings and center caps will all be in next week.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
What kind of wheels are they? I like the look of them,but the picture at the bottom looks a bit smaller than 18's. Maybe just an optical illusion and will look right once you get tires. Also curious if your FTG measurements change after putting the 18's on. Subscribed for pics.

aaconn

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of wheels are they? I like the look of them,but the picture at the bottom looks a bit smaller than 18's. Maybe just an optical illusion and will look right once you get tires. Also curious if your FTG measurements change after putting the 18's on. Subscribed for pics.

They are off a mercedes s450 or 550 I believe, they definitely are 18s.

I am curious too, after doing some calculations I think with the tires they will be around a three quarters of an inch less rubber all around do to the tire size and stretch so I am guessing that will drop me down a little more but not sure with the amount.

the miata tire calculator says the circumference of the stock tire is 78.5 and the new tires are 77.8

who knows haha we will just have to see

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
They are off a mercedes s450 or 550 I believe, they definitely are 18s.

I am curious too, after doing some calculations I think with the tires they will be around a three quarters of an inch less rubber all around do to the tire size and stretch so I am guessing that will drop me down a little more but not sure with the amount.

the miata tire calculator says the circumference of the stock tire is 78.5 and the new tires are 77.8

who knows haha we will just have to see

if you go on tire rack and find your tires you want, look under the specs tabs and it lists the OD...which is directly related to the circumference...that should help

aaconn

Passed Driver's Ed
if you go on tire rack and find your tires you want, look under the specs tabs and it lists the OD...which is directly related to the circumference...that should help

Thanks I will take a look at that, but what I can't figure out is how much the tire will change due to stretching a 215 40 18 max width for wheel size is 8.5inchs and thats how wide the wheels are, so I am not sure if that means the overall circumference of the tire doesn't change or does it?