GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I feel like I fall into that category as well. No where near as much work as your car, but i've also got 0 seconds total seat time on the track so far
The funny part is I have more seat time than most of those guys. I was at the track with one of the mods from that group and running about 12 seconds faster than he was too.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The funny part is I have more seat time than most of those guys. I was at the track with one of the mods from that group and running about 12 seconds faster than he was too.
Well that right there is why they hate you

zrickety

The Fixer
Haters gonna hate, taters gonna tate.
Ok, I am in the same boat. I run in autox but I'm not pouring over the rule book to make the fastest GTI in my class. Seat time, like you said.
And midnight runs to Walmart via Mexico lol
I know the Dragon hasn't panned out, but maybe we can find a dream track day somewhere and eat Corvettes together.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Lol thinking about it has me laughing...the #vwracers group on fb called me a poser for building a car as much as I did but not competing saying I wasted my money lol. It's apparently justified and you aren't a poser wasting shitloads of money on a car if you get a trophy at the end of a weekend instead of just having a great time 😄
That was one particular dumb ass who I think got booted from the group for calling HPDE enthusiasts posers. He also said the group VWRacers needed to change it's name because we weren't "racing". :LOL:

jay745

That was one particular dumb ass who I think got booted from the group for calling HPDE enthusiasts posers. He also said the group VWRacers needed to change it's name because we weren't "racing". :LOL:
I saw that last week ish...not what I'm talking about. This was well over a year ago aimed at me specifically. I asked some questions related to a corner balance which started the whole thing...me listing my suspension and mods. And no, it wasn't one person - was basically everyone.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I saw that last week ish...not what I'm talking about. This was well over a year ago aimed at me specifically. I asked some questions related to a corner balance which started the whole thing...me listing my suspension and mods. And no, it wasn't one person - was basically everyone.
Meh, my car will never be competitive, nor do I want it to be. I want to drive my car how I want to drive it and anyone else can suck eggs

scrllock

Autocross Champion
that group has become a bit of a shithole. the dudes akshually racing mk4s are fine, then the rest of the posts are kyle gurny bragging about his new race suit or how he broke his gas tank racing so hard.

jay745

that group has become a bit of a shithole. the dudes akshually racing mk4s are fine, then the rest of the posts are kyle gurny bragging about his new race suit or how he broke his gas tank racing so hard.
Lmfao hilarious. There's dudes who build cars for the love of it, then dudes who do it for attention and yeah...he's the latter

jay745

Haters gonna hate, taters gonna tate.
Ok, I am in the same boat. I run in autox but I'm not pouring over the rule book to make the fastest GTI in my class. Seat time, like you said.
And midnight runs to Walmart via Mexico lol
I know the Dragon hasn't panned out, but maybe we can find a dream track day somewhere and eat Corvettes together.
Yes yes yes. Maybe Barber or Road Atlanta

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
You guys are lucky there are track days now. When I started my search for seat time in 1984 it was build a race car & go racing or nothing. No such things as track days or HPDE then. I didn't mind the competition aspect at all, but the fender-bender aspect I truly hated. Have fun guys, you are right seat time is king. (y)

zrickety

The Fixer
Yes yes yes. Maybe Barber or Road Atlanta
Road Atlanta is a fantastic track, I did a Skip Barber 3 day there in Miata cup cars.
+1 you can also practice it in video games.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
This is hilarious because it’s true. I just lurk these days but there’s definitely the clout chasers that do most of the posting.

jay745

Easiest repair I've ever done
20230418_202507.jpg