GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I pressed the middle insert out with a press and then made two cuts in the outer sleeve with a dremel and 9901 tungsten carbide bit. A few wacks with a chisel and hammer after the cuts were made and they popped out.

:wub:

Excuse me for the filthy weather tech mats :sm3:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Would melting them out work at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Thanks man! Would melting them out work at all?

you could probably melt the bushings out but youre still stuck with a metal outer ring
Yeah you could probably burn out the rubber and inner sleeve but the outer ring is metal. I don't see burning it out helping.

jay745

Ugh the rear bushings are nothing but problems. Got the rear trailing arms out and ended up damaging one of those. Go figure. Just my luck at this point. I'm wondering if this is all going to be worth it.

Had to cancel the track day I had planned for April 14 at gingerman. Will order a new trailing arm and keep pushing on. I don't really have a choice but to proceed at this point.

jay745

New oem trailing arm is on the way. Had to cancel an order of spulen toe arms because they were on backorder. Tried to buy ecs toe arms and they were on backorder as well. Ended up finding a company called Voodoo13 which is the american line of Ksport that made some nicer toe arms. One end is a poly bushing and the other a heim joint. I like this much better than the others anyways. 034 always makes nice stuff but I'm really trying to stay away from rubber bushings all together. After this I won't have any more rubber on the car aside from exhaust hangers.

Tifore

Ready to race!
New oem trailing arm is on the way. Had to cancel an order of spulen toe arms because they were on backorder. Tried to buy ecs toe arms and they were on backorder as well. Ended up finding a company called Voodoo13 which is the american line of Ksport that made some nicer toe arms. One end is a poly bushing and the other a heim joint. I like this much better than the others anyways. 034 always makes nice stuff but I'm really trying to stay away from rubber bushings all together. After this I won't have any more rubber on the car aside from exhaust hangers.

Looks nice.
Your obviously not worried about NVH? Just an assumption.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Toe arms arrived. Really impressed with the quality of these. I'm not sure why these seem to be unknown in the community, seem way nicer than the other options 034, megan, ecs, spulen etc.

Thanks for finding these as these do look amazing and would be a top choice for me as well. Their upper control arms look nice as well.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Toe arms arrived. Really impressed with the quality of these. I'm not sure why these seem to be unknown in the community, seem way nicer than the other options 034, megan, ecs, spulen etc.

What turned u on to these?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jay745

Bushing bushings bushings.

Moving to a new place soon, between looking at places, packing, work etc I haven't had a lot of time lately to work on the car. Had a meeting downtown yesterday and worked from home the rest of the day so naturally I took a little break and beat out the rear trailing arm bushing. The powerflex bushing doesn't want to seat all the way in. It was fully compressed on the press but as soon as I release the pressure it releases about 1/4". Oh well. I'll zip tie it to get it into the trailing arm housing and install it.

Tomorrow I have off and will be re assembling the right rear and starting on the left side.