GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for sharing this. I was thinking of doing these bushings at some point. Looks like a giant PIA. I might just have a shop deal with removing them.

Let us know how they feel. I’m sure they will make a big difference on the track with rear turn in and stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Good update and helpful for anyone trying to replace bushings. 10/10 build thread keep it up
Ehh 9/10 no jay nudes and or full cage and gutted race car.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Thanks for sharing this. I was thinking of doing these bushings at some point. Looks like a giant PIA. I might just have a shop deal with removing them.

Let us know how they feel. I’m sure they will make a big difference on the track with rear turn in and stability.

Well, I wish I was doing all the bushings separately to get a feel for what each of them does but I'm replacing all of the rear bushings at the same time. 14 of them.

Upper control arm inner X2
Upper control arm outer X2
Lower control arm inner X2
Lower control arm outer X2
Rear trailing arm X2
Toe arm inner X2
Toe arm outer X2

Ehh 9/10 no jay nudes and or full cage and gutted race car.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
You don't see the n00dz? Must be that imgur update...

jay745

So I got the upper control arm bushings in fine. The new lower control arm came and I got those bushings in as well. The toe arm is a shitty stamped steel design. Took forever to get the oem bushings out. Pressed the new sleeve in one side fine. The other side slipped off the press plate and damaged the arm. Going to just order adjustable toe arms from ecs or spulen and call it a day with that instead of replacing with another oem toe arm.

Had to cut the dust cover off to clear the new bushings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Gonna be stiff as a dog on humpday

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
So I got the upper control arm bushings in fine. The new lower control arm came and I got those bushings in as well. The toe arm is a shitty stamped steel design. Took forever to get the oem bushings out. Pressed the new sleeve in one side fine. The other side slipped off the press plate and damaged the arm. Going to just order adjustable toe arms from ecs or spulen and call it a day with that instead of replacing with another oem toe arm.

Had to cut the dust cover off to clear the new bushings.

Well this just confirms if the time ever comes to just get the adjustable upper control arms abs rear toe arms instead of trying to replace them like you are doing. Can’t believe how challenging they are.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
034 sells adjustable toe arms with density (not spherical) bushings. Just picked up a pair myself. I recommend them over anything else.

jay745

Well this just confirms if the time ever comes to just get the adjustable upper control arms abs rear toe arms instead of trying to replace them like you are doing. Can’t believe how challenging they are.

The upper control arms pressed out easy. I don't need excessive camber so these should be fine for me. The toe arms though good lord what a pain.
034 sells adjustable toe arms with density (not spherical) bushings. Just picked up a pair myself. I recommend them over anything else.
Yeah I was looking at those too. Went with spulen to get away from the rubber bushing. Well that and they're half the cost of 034.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
The upper control arms pressed out easy. I don't need excessive camber so these should be fine for me. The toe arms though good lord what a pain. Yeah I was looking at those too. Went with spulen to get away from the rubber bushing. Well that and they're half the cost of 034.

Good to know! I’ll figure out my alignment specs are in a couple weeks and see if I need adjustable toe arms and upper control arms.

Concerning the lower control arms. What method did you use to remove the bushings from the spindle for the outer bushing?

jay745

Good to know! I’ll figure out my alignment specs are in a couple weeks and see if I need adjustable toe arms and upper control arms.

Concerning the lower control arms. What method did you use to remove the bushings from the spindle for the outer bushing?

I pressed the middle insert out with a press and then made two cuts in the outer sleeve with a dremel and 9901 tungsten carbide bit. A few wacks with a chisel and hammer after the cuts were made and they popped out.

Gimme a photo of it in the car. Looks great!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

:wub:

Excuse me for the filthy weather tech mats :sm3:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I pressed the middle insert out with a press and then made two cuts in the outer sleeve with a dremel and 9901 tungsten carbide bit. A few wacks with a chisel and hammer after the cuts were made and they popped out.

:wub:

Excuse me for the filthy weather tech mats :sm3:

Sweet!

Can you confirm which Rennline Part# for the pedal and heel/toe extension kit? I called and they said P75 for the pedal, but that doesn't look anything like what you have.