GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest on Golf R

Bmath340

Ready to race!
As of today, (9/22/2010) VW of America has no plans to bring the Golf R to US.

So, still nothing. I've heard lots of rumors, lots of time estimations, but it seems like they're afraid it would crush GTI sales. Which who cares, its still more money in their pockets. :( I want one already!!!!!

:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• 2011-volkswagen-golf-r_100304705_m.jpg
    2011-volkswagen-golf-r_100304705_m.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 266

Bmath340

Ready to race!
Maybe if we make a poll or petition, we can show VW of America and they'll bring it hehe :D

Bender1

Banned
Sigh... as i have been saying for months, its simple economics.

The U.S. Market simply will not support a hot hatch priced higher than the GTI. Period.

The GTI is already a low volume vehicle. What is the advantage of bringing over an even lower volume vehicle that costs more to produce?

Though I would love it, I have to say that they would be nuts to bring it over here.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Bender has a good point.

I would love for them to bring it over, but I would never buy one.

Simply because of price. That's a HUGE factor when purchasing a car.

We all know it will outperform the GTI, but at what price?

With GTI's creeping up towards $35,000USD, I can't see a Golf R under $35,000USD.

That's a lot of money for a Golf.

honkbruno

Ready to race!
Bender has a good point.

With GTI's creeping up towards $35,000USD, I can't see a Golf R under $35,000USD.

But would it be faster than a Camaro SS? ;)

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
If we didn't have the stupid DOT regulations, people with money could actually go in Europe buy one and bring it back here. But no, North America is the only place in the world that doesn't follow ROW specification.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Bender has a good point.

GTI's are creeping up to 35k USD? :eek:

All we can do is speculate what VW will and will not do. Its all marketing, of course they will not announce their plans until if/when they decide to. In the meantime, hopefully more people will create new threads covering the same topic that has been discussed over and over here :p

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
GTI's are creeping up to 35k USD? :eek:

All we can do is speculate what VW will and will not do. Its all marketing, of course they will not announce their plans until if/when they decide to. In the meantime, hopefully more people will create new threads covering the same topic that has been discussed over and over here :p

Autobahn DSG 2-Doors are close to $33,500 sticker.

Add in some accessories, and TTT, and it's damn near $35,000USD. :(

Gotta pay to play, eh?

Bender1

Banned
if they did (which they wont) bring it here this generation it will be a one price, one package car. No options - they come the way they come (probably limited colors too) and they would have to price it close to $40k. See why it won't happen?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Autobahn DSG 2-Doors are close to $33,500 sticker.

Add in some accessories, and TTT, and it's damn near $35,000USD. :(

Gotta pay to play, eh?

Hmm, I show a fully loaded, every option/add on at $32.6. TTT is such a spread based on where a person lives, I wouldn't factor that in.

Heck, my GTI listed at $31.2k and I've spend almost 5k in mods. So why not spend 36k or even a bit more on a R?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
not many people would want to spend allot of money on a hatch back. ive had many people say to me 'why did you buy such a small car for 28k?'

Bmath340

Ready to race!
In the meantime, hopefully more people will create new threads covering the same topic that has been discussed over and over here :p

:readthethread: I was simply posting an update as of today because I called, you never know, one day someone will call and they'll say, "You know what, there is an update, blah blah blah". If you already new the latest, you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.

But thanks.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
:readthethread: I was simply posting an update as of today because I called, you never know, one day someone will call and they'll say, "You know what, there is an update, blah blah blah". If you already new the latest, you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.

But thanks.

I read the thread and no need to have your feelings hurt :). Can you imagine if people here called every day or week then created a new thread with their own update? This forum would be a mess! But there is no news here so it's not really an update.....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Is this officially announced by VWOA today or is this speculation about lack of speculation regarding speculation that is supposed to surface eventually to address all the speculation of something that may possibly happen, or not happen at all????