GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lou Maiuri's SPM FMIC, FX350, CTS K04 Review and Impressions Thread

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Oh and whatever vendor complained to Clutch Masters about Mike Hood at Ringer-Racing; very poor form. I just received an e-mail stating he has to change all of his prices because of the grade school behavior of a vendor calling CM direct and complaining about his prices and discount. This all comes back to me and makes me feel like an asshole for trying to help out the community and to fuck with somebody's business. So whoever did that deserves a big fuck you especially because I probably bought a very pricey item from you on the same day.
Jeez... thats pretty crappy to hear. :(

On K04 it's not the same unfortunately, it's made to mimic the stock tune.
Interesting... good piece of info there.

Veracity

Ready to race!
Oh and whatever vendor complained to Clutch Masters about Mike Hood at Ringer-Racing; very poor form....... .

Many manufacturers set minimum retail pricing to ensure their vendors don't get into price wars and are able to maintain a good level of customer support.

Ringer-Racing likely agreed to this when they signed up as a CM vendor so this is the risk they took by lowering their price.

If this is right or wrong is debatable. Some people don't mind shopping at Walmart, some people like the Apple Store but you can't blame someone for asking that the rules be followed.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
The world is filled rats...being a rat is the biggest pussy move someone can make. I would love to know blew the whistle on Ringer so I am sure never to do business with them ever. Ringer was helping us out by offering a lower a price.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
See I hate to be that guy but that's why I don't care about APRs prices. I'm sure they sell much more than many other companies with lower priced alternatives, and they back up their work. I make my decision on where to buy what accordingly.

Like for example I saw the thread with all those cheap mk6 parts coming from China or whatever, but peronally I'm willing to pay a premium to buy from ECS or something to know im getting what i ordered in a timely fashion with good customer service in case I have any issues. Who was that vendor that had super cheap pricing but one day disappeared off the map without shipping out multiple weeks worth of orders?

I mean really what company feels like they are losing so much to his small shop that they have to raise hell? Sheesh. I feel bad for the guy because I know half the general public that come across his page will think it's shady and purchase elsewhere.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Oh and whatever vendor complained to Clutch Masters about Mike Hood at Ringer-Racing; very poor form. I just received an e-mail stating he has to change all of his prices because of the grade school behavior of a vendor calling CM direct and complaining about his prices and discount. This all comes back to me and makes me feel like an asshole for trying to help out the community and to fuck with somebody's business. So whoever did that deserves a big fuck you especially because I probably bought a very pricey item from you on the same day.

Wow I didnt get a chance to buy from him before this. Thats very dick of the vendor here, we should boycott them for being a such a jackass. :mad0259:

Did anyone else buy from them before the price hike? PM me please.

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357691798.077703.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357691824.188541.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357691843.060177.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357691860.654243.jpg

Fx350. Everyone GTFIH shit is about to get serious over the next three days.

Mods could you possibly convert this to my build thread seeing as how long it's getting/ encompassing more than k04 and clutch.

Cheers gents see you tomorrow @FunktionAuto

Lou Maiuri

Banned
See I hate to be that guy but that's why I don't care about APRs prices. I'm sure they sell much more than many other companies with lower priced alternatives, and they back up their work. I make my decision on where to buy what accordingly.

Like for example I saw the thread with all those cheap mk6 parts coming from China or whatever, but peronally I'm willing to pay a premium to buy from ECS or something to know im getting what i ordered in a timely fashion with good customer service in case I have any issues. Who was that vendor that had super cheap pricing but one day disappeared off the map without shipping out multiple weeks worth of orders?

I mean really what company feels like they are losing so much to his small shop that they have to raise hell? Sheesh. I feel bad for the guy because I know half the general public that come across his page will think it's shady and purchase elsewhere.

Not at all. Mike Hood is one of the good guys that is being beaten down by big business in the attempt to keep their margins high. He is touted highly on audizine but has been banned by forums for being a true vendor that caters to the enthusiast. Sickens me to think that another vendor would go after an honest guy with more information on clutch kits than God himself. This guy is one of the nicest distributors I have ever talked to and is honest and actually knows his shit. He doesn't put graphs in your face to justify prices, he just fills your head with the knowledge necessary to make the right decision at an honest cost. I am utterly appalled at this and isn't it interesting that everyone and their brother is discounting clutches right after I posted Mike's deal? They cleared the air of the honest guy before getting the okay to discount their products. Bravo to whoever blew the whistle, you are a grade A scum bag

JT641

Banned
The world is filled rats...being a rat is the biggest pussy move someone can make. I would love to know blew the whistle on Ringer so I am sure never to do business with them ever. Ringer was helping us out by offering a lower a price.

Many manufacturers set minimum retail pricing to ensure their vendors don't get into price wars and are able to maintain a good level of customer support.

Ringer-Racing likely agreed to this when they signed up as a CM vendor so this is the risk they took by lowering their price.

If this is right or wrong is debatable. Some people don't mind shopping at Walmart, some people like the Apple Store but you can't blame someone for asking that the rules be followed.

Jeez... thats pretty crappy to hear. :(

Interesting... good piece of info there.

Wow I didnt get a chance to buy from him before this. Thats very dick of the vendor here, we should boycott them for being a such a jackass. :mad0259:

Did anyone else buy from them before the price hike? PM me please.

Yup It definetly sucks that we can't have fair competition among vendors, Whether they're a forum vendor or not. And lets just say I have a very good idea who it is & they won't be getting anymore of my business!:(

Quote; There's enough business out there for everyone.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Not at all. Mike Hood is one of the good guys that is being beaten down by big business in the attempt to keep their margins high. He is touted highly on audizine but has been banned by forums for being a true vendor that caters to the enthusiast. Sickens me to think that another vendor would go after an honest guy with more information on clutch kits than God himself. This guy is one of the nicest distributors I have ever talked to and is honest and actually knows his shit. He doesn't put graphs in your face to justify prices, he just fills your head with the knowledge necessary to make the right decision at an honest cost. I am utterly appalled at this and isn't it interesting that everyone and their brother is discounting clutches right after I posted Mike's deal? They cleared the air of the honest guy before getting the okay to discount their products. Bravo to whoever blew the whistle, you are a grade A scum bag
+1 to truth

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Yup It definetly sucks that we can't have fair competition among vendors, Whether they're a forum vendor or not. And lets just say I have a very good idea who it is & they won't be getting anymore of my business!:(

Quote; There's enough business out there for everyone.

Well the reason companies set price points to their vendors is simple. To keep things fair. ACME decides vendors should sell with a minimum mark up of $10 but vendor A decides to only mark up $5. Vendor B and C start dropping their mark up or none at all just to bring in business. Price wars happen vendors put themselves out of business because no one is making money. Or the vendor who can survive on the least amount of mark up will get all the business, create a monopoly and demand then boom raise it's markup even higher. In the end screwing the consumer. So there has to be a policing of pricing.

I buy most of my stuff direct and in all my emails there is a non disclosure when it comes to pricing. All vendors know they have to follow pricing. Accounts are dropped all the time due to vendors not following this.

Sorry to take it off topic.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
No biggie thanks for your input but we should stop the discussion here and get back on track with my install tomorrow morning after my 10k service !

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Well the reason companies set price points to their vendors is simple. To keep things fair. ACME decides vendors should sell with a minimum mark up of $10 but vendor A decides to only mark up $5. Vendor B and C start dropping their mark up or none at all just to bring in business. Price wars happen vendors put themselves out of business because no one is making money. Or the vendor who can survive on the least amount of mark up will get all the business, create a monopoly and demand then boom raise it's markup even higher. In the end screwing the consumer. So there has to be a policing of pricing.

I buy most of my stuff direct and in all my emails there is a non disclosure when it comes to pricing. All vendors know they have to follow pricing. Accounts are dropped all the time due to vendors not following this.

Sorry to take it off topic.

I agree to a certain extent, price competition is what drives a free market. Setting a undisclosed profit margin hurts this, if a vendor wants to lower their profit to become more competitive then the price will continue to decrease until either vendor will not be able to gain a reasonable profit. No decent company will undercut their profits so much that they cannot survive. Were not talking about someone making $5 from $100 there profit margin is likely much higher then that and the larger gluttonous vendors are fighting over pennies because they operate in a manner which passes their inefficiency to the consumer and this preventing them from competing.

There are lots of vendors on here that do not have the absolute best pricing or even products for that matter but they offset it with value adding services like excellent customer service. These relatively inexpensive endeavors help justify the higher price.

I understand the vendor that paid for the space here being upset but in reality they choose not to compete and get burnt when others do. The end result of this is the very consumers they require to survive are hurt.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Even mediocre service in the vw aftermarket scene is touted as good customer service. Businesses should have good customer service as a rule of thumb; not charge a premium for it. That holds no water with me; it's just a shame that so many vendors don't haw their shit together so the ones that's barely do hold it over our heads like we're lucky that they answer our calls.