GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lou Maiuri's SPM FMIC, FX350, CTS K04 Review and Impressions Thread

A_Bowers

I'm jut wondering if I don't track it at all if all three are necessary

It all depends. You should be fine for street driving.

What is holding you back? Prices? or have other things that you want to get? Ie P3?

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I think I'm going to use the logic of the HPA being a solid base and I can always add the other two mounts when necessary.

A_Bowers

P3; clutch install k04 install

Go for just the pendulum mount for now. You can always add the others later down the road if you want.

Anything is better than OEM

A_Bowers

Would you recommend HPA or SPM ??

Two different types of setups. One is a direct replacement for the OEM mount. It needs to be pressed out. THats the HPA one. VWR makes one similar to that as well.

SPM uses a Poly insert and new arm with another poly insert in the middle of the arm.

A_Bowers

I think the SPM one is your best bet.

If you use the HPA one...you still have the weak link of the OEM arm mount. see pic here comparing stock to SPM

HSTuning

Ready to race!
I think the SPM one is your best bet.

If you use the HPA one...you still have the weak link of the OEM arm mount. see pic here comparing stock to SPM

We used to use VF Engineering mounts and quickly learned that you do not want a poly bushing in the front of that arm. The poly bushing fractures. Not if, when. It wasn't just the VF's either, there were poly bushings available for the stock arms on MK4's. If they didn't fracture on the street, they'd fail at the track. I have one laying around the shop to show customers. It turned into a maintenance item, and was actually rather annoying.

Also, the HPA insert doesn't require subframe removal. It installs in 15-30 minutes depending on the tools you have access to. The HPA Red has become our go-to part for torque arms.