GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 autobahn or F30 335i/328i

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Did someone say M4? Just came off truck!

. uploadfromtaptalk1403300108067.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The 4 series Gran Coupe doesn't look that bad so if you're needing/wanting a hatch....

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
We just got one of those too. Its gorgeous. Would put a pic up but shop is checking it in. Def one I'll be taking a hard look at. Prolly keep gti for another year though.

Stinger

Ready to race!
There's a substantial price difference between an Mk7 and a 335i and no way in hell your lease payments would be comparable. On the other hand, if you put these 2 in competition it means you can afford the 335i... I would get the R and mod it from the get go. It will be uniquely yours and still cheaper than a 335i.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
There's a substantial price difference between an Mk7 and a 335i and no way in hell your lease payments would be comparable. On the other hand, if you put these 2 in competition it means you can afford the 335i... I would get the R and mod it from the get go. It will be uniquely yours and still cheaper than a 335i.

Have you done lease price comparisons? They're actually pretty close. Last Autobahn GTI to 335i lease comparison I saw was about 1k down and $50/mo difference. The 335i was very well equipped. Why do you think there are so many 3 series on the roads....

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I just traded in my Mk6 for a 2013 328i M-Sport package 6 speed. The ride quality and interior materials are worlds apart. The inside of the BMW is a much nicer place to be then the GTI. My GTI was APR stage 1 w/ intake and although on paper the BMW is comparable to the Stage 1 GTI, in real world driving, the GTI fells much faster. A simple BMS Stage 1 for the GTI should easily fix this. The only thing that takes some getting used to is the size. The F30 is a much larger car and it does take some getting used to. Let me knwo fi you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer any questions as best i can.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

We went through this with McGayballs. His 320i was cheaper than a GLI to lease. And expecting the duration you keep the car to be around 3 years, its cheaper to lease the 320i than buy the GLI, mainly due to residual value (or lack thereof in the GLI's case).

Stinger

Ready to race!
I leased my 2011 GTI with dmg protection insurance for $395/month ($26K car). My wife just bought a 2014 320 xi BMW with same protection insurance for $450/month ($38K car). A 335i sells for around $55K so, with same package, the lease is probably around $600/month.

$400 and $600 is not "pretty close", it's $7200 over the life of a 3 year lease.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I leased my 2011 GTI with dmg protection insurance for $395/month ($26K car). My wife just bought a 2014 320 xi BMW with same protection insurance for $450/month ($38K car). A 335i sells for around $55K so, with same package, the lease is probably around $600/month.

$400 and $600 is not "pretty close", it's $7200 over the life of a 3 year lease.

You can lease a well-equipped 335i for 419/mo and 4k down before negotiating.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/cont...x?NAModelCode=143Q&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=2

Stinger

Ready to race!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah and my wife's car was advertised for $299/month... It may be because we live in the expensive Bay Area but I doubt you can get a 335i for $419/mo here.

Just checked and yes you can.

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
You forgetting to add taxes and fees. Before any fees, the taxes would 419/month=450.....and that's still with 4 grand down. And that is a no line, premium pack car. Still good for the money, just trying to bring a little reality.