GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R updated on US website

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Take the information they posted as not true yet. They show two interiors. One with manual hand brake and cheaper console and the other with electric brake and cover over cup holders. The s3 didn't get that engine and neither will the R. It may be old marketing photos which were not changed yet.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Just found some reallllllly interesting news in the source code of this page:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Just found some reallllllly interesting news in the source code of this page:

WHAT?! No...Nooooo....Nope. Over 39k for a de-contented Golf R?

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Badge = 5k? :iono:

No 5K wont be just for the Badge. In some ways, yes, but though the S3 can get pricey with options, its the fact that if I bought this car, either one, which is something I personally considering, I would put these 2 cars up there performance wise with my Evo's.

What I beleive with the S3 is, it would handle better than the R due to the lower center of gravity and such. I also believe the tuning from Audi will always be a Tad above VW no matter how many parts the 2 share.

The Audi S3 is clocked at 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, the R at 4.9. Doesn't seem like a big deal right? Well I spent about 5k on my Evos of past to drop 3 tenths of a second. I am sure allot of guys have dumped money like that to save time.

So yeah, what is the 5k difference worth? And we are Assuming it will be a 5k difference. In reality they may not even be that far apart.

Im just saying for my money, around that $40k price range, I would rather have the Audi.

If the R stays around $35K then I would like the R. I just have a feeling though the R is going to be pushing $40K.

Jeff

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I seriously doubt there is any performance difference between an S3 and an R. They are the same car...

razr390

Go Kart Champion
No 5K wont be just for the Badge. In some ways, yes, but though the S3 can get pricey with options, its the fact that if I bought this car, either one, which is something I personally considering, I would put these 2 cars up there performance wise with my Evo's.

What I beleive with the S3 is, it would handle better than the R due to the lower center of gravity and such. I also believe the tuning from Audi will always be a Tad above VW no matter how many parts the 2 share.

The Audi S3 is clocked at 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, the R at 4.9. Doesn't seem like a big deal right? Well I spent about 5k on my Evos of past to drop 3 tenths of a second. I am sure allot of guys have dumped money like that to save time.

So yeah, what is the 5k difference worth? And we are Assuming it will be a 5k difference. In reality they may not even be that far apart.

Im just saying for my money, around that $40k price range, I would rather have the Audi.

If the R stays around $35K then I would like the R. I just have a feeling though the R is going to be pushing $40K.

Jeff

40k for a full option R vs. an Audi with no options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think 39 sounds on target for a 4 door loaded R with the DSG. The last model topped out at 37k and didn't have a DSG.

Why is this surprising to anyone?! :laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I want one... But i cant afford that... Ill just wait a till late 2015 or early 2016 and buy a CPO.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
40k for a full option R vs. an Audi with no options?

See that's the thing...40k for fully optioned US spec car...smaller grainy nav screen, no LED tails, no fancy shocks...

I rather have the Audi and be careful with the options then get a watered down "fully optioned" R

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I seriously doubt there is any performance difference between an S3 and an R. They are the same car...

There are differences. The design alone of the S3 yields a lower CG. The looks visually are very different. I drove the S3 for 3 days. I wont even consider the R after. Only If I needed the hatch capability. Beyond that the S3 looks better and drove amazingly well. Autobahn or city etc. Was a superb ride.

The Golf R will be the best hot hatch in the world though. Its a very good looking car. Many seen here already in Stuttgart.

Stinger

Ready to race!
I feel that the MK7 is a transitional design model and will wait to see what the Mk8 is slated to look like before moving on from my Mk6. And if I don't like the Mk8 I will just buy a near new Mk6 R and put $15K in mods right off the bat...

Also, there is no way the S3 will be comparably priced with the R, it goes against VW strategy. You might at best find a top of the line R match a starting price S3. The other issue will be the cost of modding an S3 will also be higher than an R....Just different price brackets.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
I'm just suspicious on that particular content (multi port injection) as there is no differentiation on US/ROW markets .... is that the NA only website?

I'm wondering if now that the R is much more "mainstream", perhaps we'll still get the R400 in limited #'s as a more exclusive model, like the R's used to be :iono:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I feel that the MK7 is a transitional design model and will wait to see what the Mk8 is slated to look like before moving on from my Mk6. And if I don't like the Mk8 I will just buy a near new Mk6 R and put $15K in mods right off the bat...

Also, there is no way the S3 will be comparably priced with the R, it goes against VW strategy. You might at best find a top of the line R match a starting price S3. The other issue will be the cost of modding an S3 will also be higher than an R....Just different price brackets.

Great point. It's somewhat revolutionary, but I feel like the Mk8 will be incredible.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

Yup, just two flavors to chose from: A- the mellow suspension slick Audi.
B- the practical benchmark Golf R, neither being any faster or better than the other.
For what you get on the Mk6, def. the 7 R is a better deal.