GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 steering wheel installed on an mk6

INDVZE

Ready to race!
So I think I'm one of the very few people on here that have done it. Many people think that it couldn't of been done without some major modifications but this has to be one of the easiest installs I have done. Literally plug and play and make it come alive with a vagcom. The hardest part was taking out the old steering wheel (literally didn't wanna come out). I had a none mfsw and thought that I would have to change the module but didn't even have to do that and the buttons light up and work minus the cruise control which I would have to look up on how to make them work. I'm super happy with the results. If anybody is looking for a none Gti mfsw I'll have one up on classifieds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
This looks really good! In for updates if you figure out cruise controls.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Neat! I wonder what else we can poach from the mk7. This was expensive, yes?

people are selling mk7 wheels same as this one for 400-450 shipped

rawcpoppa

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice easy mod. I prefer the flat bottomed mk6 wheel though. I think that's why they are selling for more than the mk7 flat bottoms.

I think this wheel might even work on a mk5.

Be lippy!!1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yap, the mk7 steering wheel is nice. But I still prefer the mk6 because of the back (return) button.

INDVZE

Ready to race!
I like the thickness of the mk6 steering wheel but I don't mind it too much because the leather on this one feels amazing so it makes up for it. Also it seems like it will hold up better too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!
Was this GTI to GTI swap?

I have a 2.5L Golf which has a base model steering wheel and would like to upgrade my steering wheel into something else. I just don't know yet what is compatible with my car..

What did you do on vagcom to make it come alive? I have a highline jetta mk6 and buttons are working but they dont light up and horn doesnt work! Please help me out. My friend cannot seem to figure out what to do to resolve this with vagcom