GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need advice ASAP

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

You may have seen my other thread about trading in the Fahrenheit and purchasing a brand new CW 4dr DSG with Navi + Sunroof.

Stopped at the dealer just now and it was sitting out front. Started to look it over and noticed

a) the black glossy accent pillar pieces are scratched pretty good. Deep enough where they need to be replaced.

b)The car came tinted (it was brought in from Arizona) and the tint on the back window is scratched, bubbled, and generally just looks like shit. (huge bubble near a defroster line, various small ones throughout, and one or two long fine scratches)

c)I'm not sure the tires are 100% brand new. They have a brown hue to them, but I didn't have a tool to measure the tread. Just eyeballing it, something looks off.

d)The trim pieces around the windows have little white dots all over, almost looks like paint overspray. I was able to rub some off with a wet finger. (not too concerned about this, but the other stuff is making me more paranoid)

What are my options here?

Honestly, right now, the new car excitement just took a nosedive on me and it feels like I'm getting a shit box.

Also, I never did ask if they were bringing it over on a truck or driving it down from Tucson. What is standard protocol for this? I basically paid an extra $600 shipping fee, so I'm hoping someone didn't drive it down and put miles on it.

Going to go sit by the toilet for a little while and dry heave. :(

Oh, I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow after work. Hence, the urgency.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd complain and ask for my money back and/or walk - or call VWOA ASAP, to voice your concerns/complaints as this is supposed to be a new car, right?

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

You may have seen my other thread about trading in the Fahrenheit and purchasing a brand new CW 4dr DSG with Navi + Sunroof.

Stopped at the dealer just now and it was sitting out front. Started to look it over and noticed

a) the black glossy accent pillar pieces are scratched pretty good. Deep enough where they need to be replaced.

b)The car came tinted (it was brought in from Arizona) and the tint on the back window is scratched, bubbled, and generally just looks like shit. (huge bubble near a defroster line, various small ones throughout, and one or two long fine scratches)

c)I'm not sure the tires are 100% brand new. They have a brown hue to them, but I didn't have a tool to measure the tread. Just eyeballing it, something looks off.

d)The trim pieces around the windows have little white dots all over, almost looks like paint overspray. I was able to rub some off with a wet finger. (not too concerned about this, but the other stuff is making me more paranoid)

What are my options here?

Honestly, right now, the new car excitement just took a nosedive on me and it feels like I'm getting a shit box.

Also, I never did ask if they were bringing it over on a truck or driving it down from Tucson. What is standard protocol for this? I basically paid an extra $600 shipping fee, so I'm hoping someone didn't drive it down and put miles on it.

Going to go sit by the toilet for a little while and dry heave. :(

Oh, I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow after work. Hence, the urgency.

If you're buying a new car ... And when you come to pick
It up its not perfect ??? You don't take the car... Deman to speak to the owner of the dealership ... Show him everything and tell him it's unacceptable ... If they dot accommodate you, let them know you'll be calling VW

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i would bring up the window pillars and tinting. see if they can fix that for you. the rest might be fixed just by cleaning the car real good.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm wondering if I should go grab some photos right now. Dealer may know of the damage and try to fix it before I get there tomorrow after work. Hrmm.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
call in the morning at 9am and tell them, and no, dealers don't fix anything unless they absolutely have to.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd complain and ask for my money back and/or walk - or call VWOA ASAP, to voice your concerns/complaints as this is supposed to be a new car, right?

Yep, new car with 40 miles on the ODO I was told.

Anyone know if it should be shipped via truck or do they normally drive it down?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Yep, new car with 40 miles on the ODO I was told.

Anyone know if it should be shipped via truck or do they normally drive it down?

Where are you located?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Tint removal and pillar replacement are quick, easy dealer fixes. If its the car you want I wouldn't be worried.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
Tint removal and pillar replacement are quick, easy dealer fixes. If its the car you want I wouldn't be worried.

What about the milage that was put on the car to get it down here? I've always owned brand new vehicles with less then 50 miles on them. Should I be concerned that they could have torn a cv boot, banged the car out of alignment, and a multitude of other issues on the drive down?

Or... am I just over thinking it at this point due to the current damage I've seen?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
My 2013 5.0 had 127 miles on it when I picked her up.

Bottom line is if it's not up to your standards, and it most definitely should be since you're the one paying for it, then don't accept it.

Basically saying you are the only one that can make this call. Do what you feel is right and you can't go wrong.

serpico

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2013 5.0 had 127 miles on it when I picked her up.

Bottom line is if it's not up to your standards, and it most definitely should be since you're the one paying for it, then don't accept it.

Basically saying you are the only one that can make this call. Do what you feel is right and you can't go wrong.

Well, they have my Fahrenheit as trade. I've signed all the paperwork. Wondering if I'm even in the drivers seat at this point? They could tell me to go kick rocks for all they care.