GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need new phjone- suggestions?

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
*Warning* Contains opinions!

S4 because removable memory and battery, Quad core, and 1080p screen. That was my reasoning. Never considered iPhone because they are designed for the general populous who don't know much about technology. I like to be able to tinker with my phone and lots of settings to make it mine. Plus I like how much more I can do easier on Android.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
well its simple...I dont think other phone can support the our car's MDI interface... for this reason I pick 5S/C

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

S4 because removable memory and battery, Quad core, and 1080p screen. That was my reasoning. Never considered iPhone because they are designed for the general populous who don't know much about technology. I like to be able to tinker with my phone and lots of settings to make it mine. Plus I like how much more I can do easier on Android.

While I don't fit the clueless type you mention I'm struggling to remember one thing I miss about Android. Honestly.

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I stopped by ATT today and they were kinda weird in there. The guy was really trying to sell me on the S4 even though I told him I was interested in the 5S and Nokia 1020.

Then he kept telling me the S4 blows the 5S camera out of the water because it's 13 MP vs 8. Really? I asked him about aperture size and sensor size and he said he didn't know.

Everything I have read said the 5S beats the S4 in camera quality.

I still prefer the smaller form factor of the 5S over the 1020. The camera was also quicker to operate on the apple verses the nokia.

If the Windows app store was as large as apples I would probably make the dive into the nokia. Because it's behind and still new to the scene I think I am going with the 5S this time. Plus the larger size and weird shape kind of turns me off.

I don't see the point in removable battery and 1080p screen. I've had other work android smartphones and made no difference that I could take the battery out. Never had a situation where it mattered. And the screen? I am not watching tv an inch from my nose on it.

Removable memory is nice, but if I get 32 G i should be ok for a while since I have been making 16 work.

My iphone is hacked and I can do lots of things with it too. Just the same you need to root an android to do stuff too.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I think you missed the point of the removable battery. Its not just so you can take it out. Its also for upgrading the battery capacity if you want/need too.

I don't really like how the mobile version on Windows works. As far as app stores, Android Market is just as large as the Apple App store.

Also your 32GB iPhone is going to be $100 more. Such a rip off whether its Apple, Samsung, or any other company that charges more for extra internal storage. I bought a SanDisk Class 10 (30mb/sec transfer rate) Micro SD card for my S4 for $50 off Amazon.

But anyway it seems from your responses that you're probably the type of person who should stick with an Apple device...

While I don't fit the clueless type you mention I'm struggling to remember one thing I miss about Android. Honestly.

Probably because you didn't get a higher end Android phone. But whatever. I'm not going to get into the whole Android vs iPhone debate. OP, get what works best for you!

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I think you missed the point of the removable battery. Its not just so you can take it out. Its also for upgrading the battery capacity if you want/need too.

I don't really like how the mobile version on Windows works. As far as app stores, Android Market is just as large as the Apple App store.

Also your 32GB iPhone is going to be $100 more. Such a rip off whether its Apple, Samsung, or any other company that charges more for extra internal storage. I bought a SanDisk Class 10 (30mb/sec transfer rate) Micro SD card for my S4 for $50 off Amazon.

But anyway it seems from your responses that you're probably the type of person who should stick with an Apple device...

Probably because you didn't get a higher end Android phone. But whatever. I'm not going to get into the whole Android vs iPhone debate. OP, get what works best for you!

What IS the point then? If I don't need to upgrade the capacity, why should it be an issue? Iphone isn't the only one without a removable battery. I agree an extra 100b bucks to upgrade the memory is a scam. Especially when 64 is only 100 bucks more than 32.

However, the S4 is one of the few android phones that offers external card option. They don't all offer it which is too bad because some of them are sweet, but the memory is limited.

Market place doesn't matter. I have a Nexus 7 so I am familure with both.

But if removable battery and expandable storage are your only selling points for an S4 then I don't see the point?

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
no, specs say 4mp from what I have read. It's odd because the rest of the camera specs are great.

Anyone have a windows 8 phone?

I switched from an having an iPhone for about 6 years (latest being the iPhone 5) to a Nokia Lumia 1020 (windows phone with a 42megpixel camera) and I'm enjoying the switch. bigger display, much better camera. There are a few apps that I miss, but no complaints really. Its "different". It doesn't have some of the refinement of what the iphone has from an interface perspective, but I like the interface of Windows phone 8 much better than the new IOS version (I have it on my IPAD).

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I switched from an having an iPhone for about 6 years (latest being the iPhone 5) to a Nokia Lumia 1020 (windows phone with a 42megpixel camera) and I'm enjoying the switch. bigger display, much better camera. There are a few apps that I miss, but no complaints really. Its "different". It doesn't have some of the refinement of what the iphone has from an interface perspective, but I like the interface of Windows phone 8 much better than the new IOS version (I have it on my IPAD).

the 1020 is on my short list.

What apps are missing?

Can you give a better explanation of WP8 vs IO7? I am still rocking IOS 6 but hear people hate 7.

I did some research last night on 5S camera vs 1020 camera. They appear to be near the same in terms of IQ. Some even rate the 5S camera above the 1020 because of sharpness and color rendering. The 5S is quicker to launch and take pictures, although 0 control. It is also sharper across the whole picture, whereas the 1020 is sharp in center and gets soft near the edges.

Hyun

Passed Driver's Ed
Been w/the iPhone since 1st gen, and seems like I've had the same phone for years (3G, 4 and 5)... I just ordered a Note3, hope this goes well

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the top tier phones (5S, S4, One, etc.), whether it's an Apple, Androind, or Windows phone. Though, I will add that I haven't had any issues with my HTC One. The Nexus 5 looks very nice as well.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Droid Maxx, HTC One, and Nexus 5 would all be on my short list. I'm getting a Moto X simply for the size and unavailability of the Nexus 5 on Verizon. I love my 5S but Apple hasn't figured out how to properly implement LTE so it DEVOURS data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Safari on my 5s crashes pretty regularly. Hitting up the yahoo news front page then selecting an article will do it every time. Anyone else seeing that?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

I preordered an S3 when it was the flagship Android phone, a couple of weeks after the warranty expired the antenna began dying out, it crashed constantly and the battery shit the bed. Never dropped, mishandled, abused, or rooted.

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.