GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need new phjone- suggestions?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Safari on my 5s crashes pretty regularly. Hitting up the yahoo news front page then selecting an article will do it every time. Anyone else seeing that?

Never.

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
After going round and round and round and waiting for black friday sales, I decided to hit ebay and craigslist. Finally won out on a galaxy S4 off ebay for $365 shipped.

With the S5 due out early next year and iphone 6 promising good things, I couldn't commit to either phone for 2 years through ATT. I wanted to see what they offered before I locked into another contract. A 32 Gig iphone 5S is $330 with taxes after contract. A new S4 with contract is $110+memory card ($19 for 32 gb), but I am stuck for 2 years then.

I was going to go Iphone 5 through ebay, but the 32 GB were going for slightly more than the S4 and I believe the S4 is a better phone for that price. Plus then I'd need to buy a bunch of new $$$ iphone cords. The 5S through ebay were ridiculously priced.

So, now I can run the S4 for a couple months, if I really don't like it I should be able to still sell for almost what I paid for, even if the S5 comes out. The S3s still go for $300+.

quality_sound

hmm.......
After going round and round and round and waiting for black friday sales, I decided to hit ebay and craigslist. Finally won out on a galaxy S4 off ebay for $365 shipped.

With the S5 due out early next year and iphone 6 promising good things, I couldn't commit to either phone for 2 years through ATT. I wanted to see what they offered before I locked into another contract. A 32 Gig iphone 5S is $330 with taxes after contract. A new S4 with contract is $110+memory card ($19 for 32 gb), but I am stuck for 2 years then.

I was going to go Iphone 5 through ebay, but the 32 GB were going for slightly more than the S4 and I believe the S4 is a better phone for that price. Plus then I'd need to buy a bunch of new $$$ iphone cords. The 5S through ebay were ridiculously priced.

So, now I can run the S4 for a couple months, if I really don't like it I should be able to still sell for almost what I paid for, even if the S5 comes out. The S3s still go for $300+.

So do the Next program. New phone every year and you only pay for half of the phone.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
so it does. dammit. 4MP? get out of 1999 HTC!
Actually, the HTC One's camera is 4 "ultrapixels". When zooming into a photo you take it might not look as great as the other phones, however, because the sensor is larger, it's capable of taking in more light, making night shots look unbelievable. I took these photos with the HTC One on a rooftop in NYC. It also takes gorgeous videos. Don't let megapixels be a deciding factor on a phone camera. Try pulling these pictures off with an iPhone or the GS4.

Take some time to read the most in-depth review I've ever read for a phone. I highly recommend the HTC One.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is very gimmicky. A lot of unnecessary features that slow the phone down. The HTC One is so smooth, I swear, it's the best phone I've ever used. It's a device that I'm not rushing to upgrade.

Last edited:

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
So do the Next program. New phone every year and you only pay for half of the phone.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

The next program is a joke.

you have to pay the tax on the phone ($60 roughly) up front.

Then the phones are about $30/mo. 12months = $360 + $60= $420 invested into a phone for 1 year of use, AND you have to trade it in at the end of the period or when you get a new phone.

Vs buying a phone on ebay for $360, Selling it after a year and getting another one or getting into another contract. I am money ahead this route.

Or if I get the contract, cancel the contract and sell the phone on the street + pay the cancel fee I am still money ahead.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Actually, the HTC One's camera is 4 "ultrapixels". When zooming into a photo you take it might not look as great as the other phones, however, because the sensor is larger, it's capable of taking in more light, making night shots look unbelievable. I took these photos with the HTC One on a rooftop in NYC. It also takes gorgeous videos. Don't let megapixels be a deciding factor on a phone camera. Try pulling these pictures off with an iPhone or the GS4.

Take some time to read the most in-depth review I've ever read for a phone. I highly recommend the HTC One.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is very gimmicky. A lot of unnecessary features that slow the phone down. The HTC One is so smooth, I swear, it's the best phone I've ever used. It's a device that I'm not rushing to upgrade.

The HTC one is a cool phone. My sister has one and I was checking it out on Turkey day. All the reviews I have read still puts the S4 camera above it though. Plus the HTC one is due for a revision right around the same time as the S5- First quarter of next year.

ATT is having free HTC ones today though. HMMM.

Early Termination is $325. So I can get the HTC one, and if the new phone blows it out of the water, cancel for $325, sell it on the street for $325, and get back in. Decisions.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
The HTC one is a cool phone. My sister has one and I was checking it out on Turkey day. All the reviews I have read still puts the S4 camera above it though. Plus the HTC one is due for a revision right around the same time as the S5- First quarter of next year.

ATT is having free HTC ones today though. HMMM.

Early Termination is $325. So I can get the HTC one, and if the new phone blows it out of the water, cancel for $325, sell it on the street for $325, and get back in. Decisions.
The interface is so much cleaner and more mature. I also think the SGS4 is way too big. For me at least, 4.7" is the max (that's not what she said). It feels like a sturdy phone, made with high quality materials. Plus the stereo speakers. I also know the keyboard is very laggy on the Samsung phones...with the HTC one it's as smooth as the iPhone's.

I also rooted this baby so it's even more phenomenal. I had a Galaxy S II before this phone, and I ultimately hated the interface. It's horrible. TouchWiz sucks.

As a side note, don't know if you're hooked up with Exchange for work or whatnot, but the native Mail application for Exchange is amazing. No need to purchase a better one.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
The interface is so much cleaner and more mature. I also think the SGS4 is way too big. For me at least, 4.7" is the max (that's not what she said). It feels like a sturdy phone, made with high quality materials. Plus the stereo speakers. I also know the keyboard is very laggy on the Samsung phones...with the HTC one it's as smooth as the iPhone's.

I also rooted this baby so it's even more phenomenal. I had a Galaxy S II before this phone, and I ultimately hated the interface. It's horrible. TouchWiz sucks.

As a side note, don't know if you're hooked up with Exchange for work or whatnot, but the native Mail application for Exchange is amazing. No need to purchase a better one.

Are you comparing all this to your S2 or an S4?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Are you comparing all this to your S2 or an S4?
TouchWiz sucks on both phones. :)

I have used both. Don't you usually get like 7 or 14 days to try the phone out where you can just return it without any penalties?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Samsung's UI and bloatware made me want to brownbag my phone.

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
I'm just gonna end this now.

Note 3 - Best High end phone out there.

HTC One- Great Phone, don't be fooled about the whole megapixels thing. that 4mp camera takes better pictures then my 13mp note 3.

Nexus 5- Best phone on the market for $350 off contract. It's beautiful.

I've had all the above plus iPhone 5.

Twas a former iSheep.

If you get one of the above phones. You will be happy.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I'm just gonna end this now.

Note 3 - Best High end phone out there.

HTC One- Great Phone, don't be fooled about the whole megapixels thing. that 4mp camera takes better pictures then my 13mp note 3.

Nexus 5- Best phone on the market for $350 off contract. It's beautiful.

I've had all the above plus iPhone 5.

Twas a former iSheep.

If you get one of the above phones. You will be happy.
I would put HTC One and Nexus 5 at the top. Samsung phones are way too bloaty and sluggish. Keyboards are even laggy...I don't understand why they can't fix that.