GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Simba92

Edit. Just checked again. Firmware version changes but this is the firmware with the fader bug. Last version is the best we have so far. This is buggy and brings nothing new.

Just saw the latest version number when i ran the update and assumed all was good.

Nilemann

Hey. Updated to the 5314 with AA. Happy that it's red but seems to have caused an issue where maps no longer goes into night mode when the headlights are turn on. I also ran a scan (checking for something else) and see code 01304 under Media Player and CAN Network Gateway. These are both new since updating the software - my 187B unit has been installed since August.

Ideas?

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
My RCD330 is arriving tomorrow, no name version from AliExpress with CarPlay 187B. I'm gonna install the Android Auto from all the links posted here... Which one should i download? A few have been posted now.

gokturks

Banned
Hey. Updated to the 5314 with AA. Happy that it's red but seems to have caused an issue where maps no longer goes into night mode when the headlights are turn on. I also ran a scan (checking for something else) and see code 01304 under Media Player and CAN Network Gateway. These are both new since updating the software - my 187B unit has been installed since August.

Ideas?

Now maps automaticly dedect day or night time. Not work open light or close if you use carplay. day time maps show day picture ,night time maps show night picture

Nilemann

Now maps automaticly dedect day or night time. Not work open light or close if you use carplay. day time maps show day picture ,night time maps show night picture

OK. So is that an iOS update? Seems I updated the car at the same time as iOS on my iPhone (at least not when driving using maps at night). Is it tied to sunrise / sunset or ambient light?

Any ideas about the radio / CAN codes? Those weren't there before.

gokturks

Banned
OK. So is that an iOS update? Seems I updated the car at the same time as iOS on my iPhone (at least not when driving using maps at night). Is it tied to sunrise / sunset or ambient light?

Any ideas about the radio / CAN codes? Those weren't there before.
Yes ios update 11.2.1 maps dedect day night ..

I have no idea about codes?

Nilemann

So, I rolled this back to the 5314 version that came with it - I only have iOS devices so the AA wasn't a factor ... I really just want it to be red. Anyway, all of the radio codes went away. My CAN Gateway is a "K" so maybe that would be the issue but it works fine with the factory version ... and the maps switch when I turn on the lights again ... they were in daylight mode until I turn on the headlights an shifted over to night mode (sunset was almost an hour ago).

Anybody know how to get this thing to be red? I see there is a "skin" (if you will) that only changes the overlay files but I can only find one for the 187A version and it won't work with the 187B.

gokturks

Banned
So, I rolled this back to the 5314 version that came with it - I only have iOS devices so the AA wasn't a factor ... I really just want it to be red. Anyway, all of the radio codes went away. My CAN Gateway is a "K" so maybe that would be the issue but it works fine with the factory version ... and the maps switch when I turn on the lights again ... they were in daylight mode until I turn on the headlights an shifted over to night mode (sunset was almost an hour ago).

Anybody know how to get this thing to be red? I see there is a "skin" (if you will) that only changes the overlay files but I can only find one for the 187A version and it won't work with the 187B.
this is 5314 with AA Red menu
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Te4g7sWu7_aqfQTokW3HYuQHn3-n-Yt8/view

getaway module version K or L dosnt matter even you update 5515 or 5314 , if its drain battary it will drain any version rcd 330 or rcd 510..

you cannot change color red like 187A because 187A it work with windows 187b carplay work with linux.. so you need to update AA ( i give link) version if you want red menu.

gokturks

Banned
Got the new firmware for no name 187B,version 5515,but i have not try yet.
Any one who can have a try.
Got the new firmware from seller for no name 187B,version 5515,but i have not try yet.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_JNJAa_X---Mk_JgF9ZsNMkQaKy_b-N/view?usp=drivesdk
here... i try it work good but same like 5314 so no c210 bluetooth..and no eco setting 5314 more stabile

Last edited: