GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

gokturks

Banned
Yeah just had a drive that included 3 stops and subsequently leaving/disconnecting my phone from the car 2 times. Both times it wanted to repair the bluetooth on reconnecting the usb cable, it's a pain but as long as it works after that I can cope.

Need upgrade c210 for android. Because android auto work with bluetooth not like carplay. Carplay work with cable no need bletooth. And carplay its more easy to use with siri just missing waze...

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue where bluetooth keeps asking to re-pair on reconnection without using android auto.

gokturks

Banned
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue where bluetooth keeps asking to re-pair on reconnection without using android auto.

Without android dont have anyproblem try : just forget devices and reset HU after re connect your phone .. if keep ask re-pair its mean have problem hardware not software

gokturks

Banned
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/android-auto/ZHoxZzuOOvM/iGA5aDu3BQAJ
This describes the same issues with MIB2 Golf mk7 head units so I suspect it may be VW software stack across the whole range at fault.

Not holding my breath it'll be fixed any time soon, seems to be a long standing issue on the Gen4 units with Android Auto.
I dont understand your problem when you connect android auto with cable or just use bleutooth without cable Aa ? Because c180 they dont have any problem with connection without Cable .. but i know they have problem bletooth c180 with cable AA .. but i think you will fixed with software bletooth c210

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Basically if I get in my car and connect the phone to the cable, it turns on bluetooth on the phone when the android auto app starts, this then connects to the head unit - on AA the music goes down the usb cable but it still uses bluetooth profiles for the hands free calling. So when that happens it then prompts me for permission for contacts and messages on the phone, or alternatively sometimes it'll ask to confirm the pin showing on the phone (which you cant see as the android auto overlay is full screen) is correct and you just tap yes and it connects fine.

Just wondering why it forgets my phone every time, or my phone sees the head unit as a different device each time so it requests permissions.

But having read that link above to MIB2 units on the Mk7 not confident it's a bug that's resolved with C210 (not that I've tried it so maybe it will).

gokturks

Banned
Basically if I get in my car and connect the phone to the cable, it turns on bluetooth on the phone when the android auto app starts, this then connects to the head unit - on AA the music goes down the usb cable but it still uses bluetooth profiles for the hands free calling. So when that happens it then prompts me for permission for contacts and messages on the phone, or alternatively sometimes it'll ask to confirm the pin showing on the phone (which you cant see as the android auto overlay is full screen) is correct and you just tap yes and it connects fine.

Just wondering why it forgets my phone every time, or my phone sees the head unit as a different device each time so it requests permissions.

But having read that link above to MIB2 units on the Mk7 not confident it's a bug that's resolved with C210 (not that I've tried it so maybe it will).
If you find c210 with AA i am sure it will fine.. but hard to find this FW. If you find pls share here to .. everybody waiting :))

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Okay well the car stopped asking for permissions when I followed the advice of deleting the bluetooth profile from the car menu, restarting the rcd330 by holding down the power button, restarting the phone, unlocking it, usb cable in, accepting the pin to pair.

I then unplugged the phone, restarted both devices, powered off the car and then on again and connected the phone via usb and it didn't ask for permissions. Tentatively seems better so will update the thread if it happens again.

I mean I'd really like the ability for the radio favourites to use the RDS name rather than saving favourites by frequency, failing that, reading SD cards for the station logo would do. Can't see either happening given we don't have the source code.

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!

Don't think we're going to get anywhere until we get a system dump of the C variant with C210/Android Auto/Apple Carplay all enabled.

Edit: All wrong
Seems the C variant has 1GB RAM, B has 512MB and A had 256MB. Might be wrong but seems to be the case from some googling.

Last edited:

gokturks

Banned

Don't think we're going to get anywhere until we get a system dump of the C variant with C210/Android Auto/Apple Carplay all enabled.

Seems the C variant has 1GB RAM, B has 512MB and A had 256MB. Might be wrong but seems to be the case from some googling.

No B is 1 gb ram to before it was 512 mb right.. and same fw use B version not only C only different HW : 534 or 541 for B unit, C is only official android HU

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Right so you're saying all the firmware released in this forum for android auto is taken from the C variant? In which case it's a shame the 5515 version linked earlier in this thread doesn't have the C210 bluetooth in it that the 187C version seems to have...

gokturks

Banned
Right so you're saying all the firmware released in this forum for android auto is taken from the C variant? In which case it's a shame the 5515 version linked earlier in this thread doesn't have the C210 bluetooth in it that the 187C version seems to have...
5515 dosnt work well. Have many bugs because not orginal 5515 .. someone change 5314 fw name to 5515 with many bugs. No need upgrade. We will wait if someone share c210 with AA. No choice .(

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed my 1Gb 187B No Name unit (HW version 541) from Aidu Auto. Completely trouble free including upgrading to Firmware 5314 for AA.

No bugs apparent anywhere yet but I’m keen to hear from those who have fully explored 5515. If this unit ever gets to support album art or radio station logos it will make me very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All the no name 187B has only 512MB RAM,they clain 1 GB,it is fake.
Desay 187B has 1GB RAM.
Once you open it up,then you will know.

gokturks

Banned
All the no name 187B has only 512MB RAM,they clain 1 GB,it is fake.
Desay 187B has 1GB RAM.
Once you open it up,then you will know.
you think all sallers s laying for 1gb noanem? but who care 512 mb work well carplay and android :)) desay not good even carplay have reeboot problem when connect iphone and we cannot upgrade fw for desay no android auto