GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No iPhone 5 this year

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Good. They don't need another redesigned piece of hardware, just focus on making the existing phone better.

However, we all know you can never guess what Apple is up to so they may pull something out from under their sleeve.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Don't say "this year". It's more like "this summer". With the release of the iPhone 4 on Verizon and the fact that Apple probably wants to take advantage of the 4G HSPA+ and LTE networks, they will probably be releasing it at their event in the fall, just in time for Christmas.

It surprised me enough that they would skip out on this summer since all of their iPhone releases up to this point have been at their WWDC in the summer, but it would really be a shocker to see them not release a piece of iPhone hardware in 2011.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
It's always a crapshoot with Apple (at least when employees are leaking or leaving products about). I really don't see a iPhone 5 coming out this fiscal year, just maybe another iteration of the iPhone 4 in some way. Oh well, good old Apple and there guessing game...:rolleyes:

rcopp

Ready to race!
Don't say "this year". It's more like "this summer". With the release of the iPhone 4 on Verizon and the fact that Apple probably wants to take advantage of the 4G HSPA+ and LTE networks, they will probably be releasing it at their event in the fall, just in time for Christmas.

It surprised me enough that they would skip out on this summer since all of their iPhone releases up to this point have been at their WWDC in the summer, but it would really be a shocker to see them not release a piece of iPhone hardware in 2011.
I'm not surprised at all by this, I actually thought it would happen. Think about it, they just released the iPhone 4 for Verizon, if they were to go and announce a new iPhone were coming just 4 or 5 months after hyping everyone up about this new(for Verizon customers, obviously) phone and getting them all to buy it, they would have a lot of pissed off customers. And if they released the iPhone 5 just for AT&T then Verizon customers would still be pissed because they didn't get it, and then they would be on a messed up release cycle with the 2 different companies getting the same phone at different times. I think we could possibly start getting the phones in February now, and us AT&T customers will just have to stick it out a bit longer to wait for a new phone. Then Verizon customers will be on the one year mark when we see a new one, because we all know that Apple would not go until next June for a release, they couldn't wait 2 years. Or if anything else, we will see something like the 3G ->3GS, just an update on the current model phone to hold everyone over until the iPhone 5.

The other thing they could have done is not released the iPhone 4 on Verizon, and just waited a few months and announced the iPhone 5, and that they would be selling on Verizon, this may have even made more sales, but thats jus ta blind speculation, I'm not really sure on that.

I hope that all made sense??? It did in my head anyway :laugh:

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
Good now I won't have to buy one.

This, I finally just got my iPhone for Verizon. They should wait at least a year, let the 4G networks fully develop first and actually come out with a new phone, not another rehashed vision of the existing one.

Either way, I'm pumped with this phone and will be excited for the newest edition whenever it arrives, as long as the jailbreaks come out fast, heh.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I Won't believe it till I don't see it.

Yep, with Apple this is a best practice.

I'm actually happy with my iPhone 4. I had the original, 2 gen, skipped the S and now the 4 I think I'd skip the 5 as I don't see a need to "upgrade".

Between my 2 macbook airs, ipods, iphones, and ipads, apple TV; Apple has taken enough of my money...lol.

rcopp

Ready to race!
I'm actually happy with my iPhone 4...... Apple has taken enough of my money...lol.
this
I never need these things but I always have an unexplained want for apple stuff.
and also this.

Damn you Apple for making everyone want expensive stuff they don't need.

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
The apple effect works though. Get any new apple product around girls (especially in college) its like the first step in the door.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
I've had my iPhone 4 since the release. the only thing that would make me want the new one is 4G network, preferably LTE and a bigger screen.

I actually got the new Motorola Atrix and loved it, but I just couldn't get away from the non-Retina display.