GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

no.VA / DC Area

ShahulX

Ready to race!
just got home with it... the GTR is my non sensible car, so the Gti I got was a cloth 4dr DSG in Carbon grey.... only options I got was a moonroof,bluetooth and all season pkg

I definetly want more power, its not bad stock, but could definetly use more...stage 1 should be adequate i think... LET me know how it i...where is NGP exactly?

thanks for compliments on the GTR :)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Two NGPs if you want APR - Lorton, VA (probably closer for you) and Aberdeen, MD.

Induktion Motorsports, right near BWI, sells GIAC - they're the only shop I took my Audi to. I do prefer APR's program switching system though.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
While Lorton is closer to you; Aberdeen is probably easier for you to get over to; no DC Traffic to get there. ;)

Last edited:

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
lol well if you want to take traffic into consideration, Aberdeen would be a bad choice considering you would get both DC and Baltimore traffic. ;)

ShahulX

Ready to race!
I'll probably do Lorton I guess.... wonder if they do BMW's too? my buddy wants some stuff done to his 335i ...guess I should look them up...

Anyone wanna go to summit point raceway in June or August? Im taking the Gti in June and the GTR in august. I would do the other way around but the June one is on the Jefferson circuit which is the smaller track and I think is decent for smaller cars (I think its the one they Kart on as well).

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, full review of NGP Racing in Aberdeen. A little in the middle of nowhere, I was going down Perryman road thinking "there's no way there's a tuner on this street" and then out of nowhere, there it was. Guys were really easy to deal with. I had e-mailed Brad for about a month, and he was there and came out and talked to me. While he took the car in, another guy had me fill out the minimal paperwork. They have a little area where you can sit and wait, so I did (they have a dubbed out XBox-360 you can play on while you wait, no joke).

After the install was done (an hour), the same guy that checked me out (can't remember his name), went over the code switching and lockout system with me. At this point he had already e-mailed me my user manual and I had already read it on my iPhone. I think after labor ($82) and tax ($40) it came to $721.

Review of stage 1: I know this should go in a different area, but I'll just do it. Best money spent. I was afraid I wouldn't feel the difference. I'm now getting wheel hop in 1st and 2nd gears right from when the turbo kicks in, 'til redline. I'm running the 17"s with the all-seasons, and I think some good tires will fix this.
Third gear is my new favorite gear. From 3k to redline, it's smooth power and fast. The turbo is definitely much more audible now. :thumbup: People have been saying it's not a night and day difference. Sorry, but +25hp and +55ft-lbs tq in a small hatchback is a big difference. If my dealer wiped the ECU, and I was stuck with stock, I'd know it in a heartbeat.

Overall, NGP Racing Aberdeen was great. I expect you'd find the same down in VA. Attaching a picture, they gave me some window stickers (don't plan on using), a bottle opener (always good to have some extras around), and the license plate frame that's on the car now. Now I just need an intake and some summer tires. The rest of my mod list will have to wait. I've only been out of college for 9 months, and I have other things to save up for (fiance wants a honeymoon in Jamaica). Cheers, and hope the info is useful, Shahul.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 349

ShahulX

Ready to race!
very, thank you. I emailed both shops today. I think I will do the stage 1 soon... Aberdeen sounds good...mainly for the xbox, lol. Im glad you can feel such a difference, I think it is money well spent. Your doing the intake? is it a cold air? Im not so worried about hydrolocking but snow is always an issue i think about rcently...is it short ram?

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to Aberdeen as well. I give them :thumbup:

My stage 1 took quite a while but overall the service was great. I'm definitely considering going stage 2 and heading back up there for the upgrade and downpipe install. Possibly the APR intake as well.

ShahulX

Ready to race!
I'm gonna go the lorton... It's not that far, I passed lorton on my way to Lake Anna (Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg) this weekend and they emailed me price quoted for the flash, springs, brake pads ( although I may do that myself). They seem responsive and my friend needs them for a couple things on his BMW 335i

so you really feel a big difference eh lilzim and dstructcode?

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
I definitely feel the difference. I let my friend take my GTI for a spin this weekend. I let him drive it the week I bought it. He noticed the difference, and he hadn't driven it in a month. If you get it tuned, and don't feel a difference, you probably have it still on stock mode. I've put on 900 miles since the tune; I drive a lot! :) and I love it. I'm looking forward to getting an intake next. dstructcode, where-abouts in MD are you?

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I definitely felt it when I first got it. I have almost 16k on my car. I think I've had the tune for at least 5k, not positive though. But it definitely wears off I think. I usually, after a long drive, turn it to stock mode and drive around for a bit to remember how slow it felt once again and then I put it back to 93 and bam it feels fast :).

But I say once you break it in, take it over 3k rpms a few times to get a feel for it stock. Once you get that tune, you'll take it over 3k and it will feel like it just takes off, at least it did for me. I, unfortunately, do not own a crazy fast GTR though :p

Let me know how Lorton is. Aberdeen was a little far for me to go so I will probably head to Lorton for stage 2.

Right now I actually live in Leesburg, VA temporarily and will be moving to Columbia, MD within the next week or 2.