GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

no.VA / DC Area

lilzim

Passed Driver's Ed
16k miles, I'm impressed. I've got 5k in less than 2 months of owning the car, so I'm on my way there :)

I live like 15 minutes from Columbia. I play pick up hockey at the Columbia Ice Rink just about every Wednesday night. Nice area. Always good to have another Dubber in the area.

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I have put about 1k miles a week on the car since I got it. Once I move though, that will no longer be the case and I can hopefully put off driving enough to where the mileage goes back into the average yearly range heh.

Glad to hear I'll be relatively near another dubber/mkvi owner on the boards. Let me know if you need any VAG-COM done. :)

ShahulX

Ready to race!
my buddies live near Columbia Mall..im up there from time to time.... maybe more so now that my GTR tuner shop is up near Annapolis Junction...

patrickj

Ready to race!
Are you going with Hawk pads or something else? I think this car should be able to stop a little better. I had an 84 GTI, and replacing the stock pads with semi-metallic made a huge difference. Also, where did you get your springs?

I'm gonna go the lorton... It's not that far, I passed lorton on my way to Lake Anna (Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg) this weekend and they emailed me price quoted for the flash, springs, brake pads ( although I may do that myself). They seem responsive and my friend needs them for a couple things on his BMW 335i

so you really feel a big difference eh lilzim and dstructcode?

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
gaithersburg here! ShahulX and I are kinda neighbors and I haven't seen any other mkVi's here in my area..or at least a CSG one...i'm planning to get r20 tail lights and i'm afraid i'm goin to need a VAG-COM to have it installed..can anyone help me out? thanks!

From Potomac here. Now before all you people say rich Potomac Kid, i had to work 3 part time jobs to save up to buy/maintain this car! and all that hard work has payed off! And i have been a VW fan since i was born.. thanks to my dad.

i live really close to montgomery mall, and drive around the Rockville/Gaitherburg area alot. see you guys around! ill be sure to say hi someway or another. Been getting alot of thumb ups from people that drive porches and BMW's.

enough of me....

some pics of my car....

And something that will help distinguish me from the rest.... I play paintball and idk if anyone around the area has heard of them but they sponsor me.

DvS21

Ready to race!
woodbridge VA here, but I work all the way up near BWI airport.

Also, Pev's for the win! I used to play there back when I was still in the game.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
if you all want to know some meets around the area...there are plenty
monday-kingstowne next to chipotle...lots of dubs from VDub Luv

wednesday-woodbridge by Dick's

Thursday-Manasas on liberia ave

Friday-chik fil a at dulles town center-biggest meet around, not dub exclusive at all...everything from american muscle to honda's(they stay to themselves haha)

Sunday-tysons-capital dubs meet...google them for the website

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Wassup ppls...new to the site but its nice to see ppl here from the DMV area

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Waldorf MD here. I see a few GTI's around town. Subie's are huge down here. (STI's and WRX's galore)

The two GTI's that I see most often are both black and have some mods done to them. I think they are Mk5s.

It is subie galore down in our area. I'm from La Plata so I see the exact same thing lol. Glad I chose the Carbon Steel on my GTi instead of the popular white. BTW, is there any vdub meets in our area?

xcheck08

Passed Driver's Ed
Fairfax! :)

New to the forum... just got a '11 cw gti a week ago. :thumbsup:

So far, I've seen only about a handful of mkvi's around the area. Mostly black and CSG.

xcheck08

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh and does anyone know a good place to get a car wash around here?

I'm looking for one where I can drive the car onto the rails myself.