GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

!!Offical Spyder Auto Golf/GTI MK6 New Euro Style LED Tail Lights!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Kelvin I'm having a problem with these tail lights I night from you. My left rear outside tail light L-shaped running is out, as well as I have water condensation in my right hatch tail light. I have pics at home to show you. I need a new set because my set is defective. How would you like to resolve this issue. My email is teamfreak44@yahoo.com

Well thats 3 now that have failed.

Dont waste ur time man. You wont get new tails or even a response. Ive had the almost the same issue, with my driver side brake lite, Ive emailed this Kelvin guy multiple times called Spyder direct and left mesages, not one response. Another guy here also having a problem with no support. Read above a bit some of the info is there.

The best part is before i paid, got all kinds of responses right away. Even told me not to worry b/c they are a great company and have been in business for 10 years and blah,blah,blah.

I waited a while before posting anything here to give them a chance to respond but since they never did, i needed to at least try to figure this out. I didnt even ask for replacements just technical info on the resistors type so i could attempt a fix myself, no replies.

But hey, give it a shot, maybe youll have better luck than I/we did.

Here is a short thread i started for help after Spyder blew me off:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18868&highlight=spyder

Attachments

• 0511111245.jpg
    0511111245.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
gotta luv it....

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Ironic how only a week before I said how I was growing fond of these on icemngti's car, and now this, really sucks. Don't they have supposed warranty?

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
Ironic how only a week before I said how I was growing fond of these on icemngti's car, and not this, really sucks. Don't they have supposed warranty?

ya know, i have no idea. apparently not. there was no paperwork on the boxes. i just ordered two 10 watt 16 ohm resistors and gonna replace the ones i think are bad. its worth a shot, if i fuk it up doesnt matter, they were coming out anyway if they couldnt be fixed.

shoulda got the R's:bonk:

oh well didnt have the money for r's then but if i cant fix these im getting them asap. Wat suks mor is i got Spyder projector headlamps on my car also........fml!:mad0259:

Last edited:

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised so many people bought these eBay quality tail lights... I was the 1st to get these for my 335i... after 2 days people were telling my lights were strobing!! Luckily the shop was legit and took it back.

I'm sure you guys can find someone local to this guys warehouse and pay him a visit on your behalf.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised so many people bought these eBay quality tail lights... I was the 1st to get these for my 335i... after 2 days people were telling my lights were strobing!! Luckily the shop was legit and took it back.

I'm sure you guys can find someone local to this guys warehouse and pay him a visit on your behalf.

hes in so cal im in NYC.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I understand that but I said I'm sure you guys can find someone local to his shop... I would go but its about 1 hour away from me....

and what do i say to them?

actually, I did call one of their competitors who sold the lights also to see if they had parts, no dice.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
and what do i say to them?

actually, I did call one of their competitors who sold the lights also to see if they had parts, no dice.

:confused:

let me try again... You and the other guys that received POS lights should find someone local to this Spyder shop and have him confront the seller on your behalf. This is probably the only way you guys might get a reply from the seller of these lights.

raeuber

Passed Driver's Ed
anybody else get the feeling that this Kelvins guy was selling them from the back of a truck? he is not responding anymore and what most people were saying, the things came with no paperwork.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Wasan't there somebody by their warehouse that tested the lights? Get them to go back.

And, if you guys payed by paypal, maybe try to file a claim?

Aridi03

Ready to race!
guys, dont be pussies and call him up.. his number is there. All he will do is reject you, that is where you get angry and reduce him into powder
He ripped all of you.. 220$ for good looking lights? They are simply bad quality
Cmon call him and get frustratedly angry towards him

raeuber

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, Al Gore for the internets. We can find anything.
SFvalleyGTi, did you see in his employer listing there is another Kelvin listed as a co-worker.

allset

Go Kart Champion
that dude pvh-12 went to the shop to pick up the sets i think. but this is not his problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.