Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Sauber

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Episode 2 is about Alonso... was it is 2016 crash at the Australian GP? That was a terrifying crash; he was lucky to get away with a few cracked ribs and a collapsed lung.
I doubt they'll be changing the method of shooting races any time soon. But I'm hoping this newly readily available F1 content (this doc and the great, official YouTube content) will garner more interest in the sport. Liberty Media's acquisition of the F1 broadcasting rights is one of the best things to happen to the sport recently.

Sorry, meant to say turn 2 of Baku. I do remember that crash from Alonso, it's incredible that somebody can just walk away from that the way it looked.

I also like what Liberty Media has been doing, as long as they don't go back to the awful broadcasting of the first race of 2018 lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hah, that was indeed a shitshow.
I'm surprised that they haven't come out with an F1TV Apple/Android app yet. As it stands, I have to play the stream on my computer and cast it to my TV. Since it's not a native cast, it gets choppy sometimes.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Hah, that was indeed a shitshow.
I'm surprised that they haven't come out with an F1TV Apple/Android app yet. As it stands, I have to play the stream on my computer and cast it to my TV. Since it's not a native cast, it gets choppy sometimes.

i thought they had a mobile app no? ill have to look into it, i havent bought my F1 TV yet . holding out till last minute

torga

Autocross Champion
F1 has an official mobile app for the sport. But the F1TV streaming service does not - it's just a desktop website for the moment.

torga

Autocross Champion
What do you all think about the reinstatement of the "extra championship point for fastest lap" rule?
I'm unsure about it. I could see it potentially opening up some end-race strategies, but I think the extra point would only really be beneficial for P3 or P4 and down.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What do you all think about the reinstatement of the "extra championship point for fastest lap" rule?
I'm unsure about it. I could see it potentially opening up some end-race strategies, but I think the extra point would only really be beneficial for P3 or P4 and down.

Bwoaah, I hate it.

If anything there should be a fastest lap rewarded to cars out of contention to win the race , say P10 and higher qualify for that extra point.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

I’m all for it. I’m for anything that encourages competition and pushing the limits.

torga

Autocross Champion
The rule already only lets only P10 and higher get that point.
And I really doubt the P1 leader will attempt to get that point. Or, more accurately, I doubt their team will let them get that point. There are 7 points between P1 and P2 and that margin gets smaller the further down you go. I doubt the P1 team would sacrifice potential car longevity for a measly point - doesn't really make sense strategically.
I think this will mostly be a boon for the midfield. I'm excited for the different strategies they'll take.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
And I really doubt the P1 leader will attempt to get that point. Or, more accurately, I doubt their team will let them get that point. There are 7 points between P1 and P2 and that margin gets smaller the further down you go. I doubt the P1 team would sacrifice potential car longevity for a measly point - doesn't really make sense strategically.
I think this will mostly be a boon for the midfield. I'm excited for the different strategies they'll take.

Next up, extra points for unique hair styles. :laugh:

F1 would be really interesting with reverse grid .

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

I beg to differ.

A measly point over the whole season makes a huge difference. Bottas got 7 fastest laps last season and probably wasn’t strategizing to do so.

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2018/fastest-laps.html

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
5 points separated 3-5 in the drivers standings last season FYI.

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2018/drivers.html

Very fair. I was just coming from the perspective of P1 vs P2 and the lack of close racing these past few years.
Hopefully Vettel comes back grounded and Ferrari come to this year with just as good of a car and we can finally see a proper fight at the top.
Extra points would've helped in 2016, but that P1/P2 battle was intra-team.
13 points separated P8 through P12 last year, so I still imagine this being more important for the midfield.