GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf MK6 2.0 TSI 1/4 Mile Thread

dallen13

Ready to race!
^ Those tires made a huge difference because I could not hook in my 60ft. I know a lot of people were struggling.

How do you trap so high with stage2? 100 oct? What tranny?

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
How do you trap so high with stage2? 100 oct? What tranny?

100 octane & DSG

I need to work on my 60ft. If I had better griping tires it will lower my trap but also lower my 1/4 times. My best time is in my sig. You can also find the time slips a few post up or in my build thread.

My car is a beast on top end after I installed the Neuspeed outlet pipes to my APR intercooler. One of my runs this weekend was against a Golf R. He had the jump on me thanks to AWD but I was reeling him towards the end. His facial expression was awesome when he saw me pull up right next to him.

dallen13

Ready to race!
100 octane & DSG

I need to work on my 60ft. If I had better griping tires it will lower my trap but also lower my 1/4 times. My best time is in my sig. You can also find the time slips a few post up or in my build thread.

My car is a beast on top end after I installed the Neuspeed outlet pipes to my APR intercooler. One of my runs this weekend was against a Golf R. He had the jump on me thanks to AWD but I was reeling him towards the end. His facial expression was awesome when he saw me pull up right next to him.

What were your trap speeds before intercooler? You get traction and you will be in 12's.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
What were your trap speeds before intercooler? You get traction and you will be in 12's.

I never ran before the intercooler. It is a must here in FL. Before I added the Neuspeed pipes I was running 101 mph on 93 octane. After I added the pipes I was running high 104 consistently with my best being a 105.05 mph on 93.

Now that I am running 100 octane I am consistently between 105-107 with my best at 107.76 mph.

My goal is to break into the 12s with an OTS tune before I make my move to K04.

dallen13

Ready to race!
I never ran before the intercooler. It is a must here in FL. Before I added the Neuspeed pipes I was running 101 mph on 93 octane. After I added the pipes I was running high 104 consistently with my best being a 105.05 mph on 93.

Now that I am running 100 octane I am consistently between 105-107 with my best at 107.76 mph.

My goal is to break into the 12s with an OTS tune before I make my move to K04.

That's awesome I'm sure being near sea level helps too. I'm trying to convince myself stage 2 is enough but ill probably go k04 in the new year.

Guy_H

Ready to race!
Our little GTI on Wednesday night became the WORLDS FASTEST, laying down a 10.992 second 1/4 mile at over 133mph - fastest ever MPH by over 4mph.

Vehicle specs:

Off the shelf APR Stage 3+ kit, including APR Intercooler, APR OPS system, APR HPFP, APR RSC Exhaust.
Stock engine with APR pistons & APR Rods

SSP Clutch packs in the DSG
Harding Performance DSG Software

Modifications for the drags from its street legal trim:

Removal of the passenger seats & spare tyre
Fitting drag slicks (15")
Removal of catback exhaust

The fuel ran was Sunoco GT260+, and unleaded "race" fuel that is compatible with street cars & catalytic converters.

There is no boost controllers, there is no water or methanol injection.

The vehicle runs stock VW boost control & sensors, the vehicle also runs the stock diverter valve and is a daily driven car.

This car (in street trim) is completely legal & modification certified.

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
Our little GTI on Wednesday night became the WORLDS FASTEST, laying down a 10.992 second 1/4 mile at over 133mph - fastest ever MPH by over 4mph.

Vehicle specs:

Off the shelf APR Stage 3+ kit, including APR Intercooler, APR OPS system, APR HPFP, APR RSC Exhaust.
Stock engine with APR pistons & APR Rods

SSP Clutch packs in the DSG
Harding Performance DSG Software

Modifications for the drags from its street legal trim:

Removal of the passenger seats & spare tyre
Fitting drag slicks (15")
Removal of catback exhaust

The fuel ran was Sunoco GT260+, and unleaded "race" fuel that is compatible with street cars & catalytic converters.

There is no boost controllers, there is no water or methanol injection.

The vehicle runs stock VW boost control & sensors, the vehicle also runs the stock diverter valve and is a daily driven car.

This car (in street trim) is completely legal & modification certified.

Great time, congrats! Was this on the GT3071?

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Hey Tomas, it gianni from orlando fl. finally made it to this forums :)

Ok peeps so I went to the track a few fridays ago. And the car just wont run faster than a 12.8
Got 6 passes that day and all were 12.8 last 2 slips i cant find. Pics:

Haiiro GTi

Ready to race!
Ok so Ive been thinking about changing up drag tire and wheel setup.
Rite now with ko3 I finish up the 1/4 mile in 5th gear. And did some talking with angel @ forgemotorsport and he thinks I should drop to a 16" wheel and run a 225/50/16 tire for taller tire which should allow me to finish the 1/4 mile in 4th gear.

Im most likely getting a big break kit also 330 size, so im gonna stick with 17" wheel, but a buddy of mines can hook me up with a new set of nitto nt555r drag radials 245/45/17 which guessing is taller and more meat than my hoosier 225/45/17.

So I love my hoosier and they have done well, cutting a few 1.8 60 foots and mostly 1.9 60'
Now has anyone tried the nitto drags before. Will they suck are they as good as hoosier and what do u guys think about running 245/45/17 on mk6 gti?

Any and all will be appreciated. Thanks!