GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Picture Thread: [VMR Wheels vs. Avant Garde Wheels]

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Over the months we've all been collecting a few pictures from either wheel manufacturers and honestly it's been a dead heat from all of you guys asking for wheel info for either side of the fence.

Let's face it. These two manufacturers make GREAT LOOKING WHEELS and even with the shop car, it's tough to decide.

A few facts:

•VMR Wheels, the traditional non-staggered fitment (usually 18x8.5 or 19x8.5 all around) with classic wheel finishes that make for an easy decision: Hyper Silver, Gunmetal, Matte Black (with the exception of some of their other styles being offered in Super Silver, Onyx Black, and Flat)

•Avant Garde, as with the name, originally offering rebellious staggered fitments from 18x8 + 18x9, to also now presenting the option to switch to 18x8 all around OR 18x9 all around (for the people daring for poke!). Finishes have been truly unique from offering dual finish Machine Face, Gunmetal Barrel, Machined/Silver, Machined/Black.

It's going to get interesting, ESPECIALLY with the special powdercoat options we're now offering - but remember this thread is dedicated to these particular setups for all of us to enjoy and no matter what wheel choice you've opted to go for, just remember...

...if you've got it, flaunt it ;) and remember the pics!

I'll begin with our DC, AG M310s to VMR V708/V701 (2/2):

AG M310s, Staggered 18x8(ET45) and 18x9(ET48) on 225/40/18 (Direct Swap with Stock Tires), Machined Face/Gunmetal Barrel

-A nice and slight poke, no issues with rubbing ;D (track confirmed, see the gunmetal barrel?).

And the change-up to VMr V701/V708 SPLIT (2 on each side):

18x8.5s all around (ET45), rocking the Matte Black V701 and Gunmetal V708s, can't even try to be incognito ;). Zero rubbing issues (also track confirmed, on the same day).

P2Spec is your direct and authorized vendor for VMR and Avant Garde Wheels - and we are actually located somewhat inbetween the two manufacturers! Deciding between the two has always been a headscratcher ;). Chime in as we'll be updating this thread frequently with new pics!

Last edited:

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Brian, I've driven past you guys a few times already this week - good to know that we're both working for our shop locations :). I'm assuming the MK6 parked outside is yours? Europlate? ;)

mymk5gli

Passed Driver's Ed
Brian, I've driven past you guys a few times already this week - good to know that we're both working for our shop locations :). I'm assuming the MK6 parked outside is yours? Europlate? ;)

no Ben it wasnt me... live in Virginia.... :lol:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I love my AG M310's. I get so many compliments on the style, fitment and clean oem-ness.

Ben at P2Spec provides excellent service as well. Really some of the best service I've received in quite some time.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Updated Frequently!

I love my AG M310's. I get so many compliments on the style, fitment and clean oem-ness.

Ben at P2Spec provides excellent service as well. Really some of the best service I've received in quite some time.

Thank you sir, and to throw in some new edited photos to distinguish between the finishes, I'm clearly pointing 'em out with these:

(on Machined Face, Gunmetal M310s)

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
^19s looking fresh! :).

More comparos on a CW double-take, M121s (Passenger) vs. M140s (Driver):

vs.

And I thought we were crazy ;). Beautiful Silvers!

dubaid

Passed Driver's Ed
VMR VB3s in gunmetal (18 x 8.5, Offset 45) with Hankook V12 Evos (235/40/18).

Attachments

• DSC00827(2).jpg
    DSC00827(2).jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC00844 (2).jpg
    DSC00844 (2).jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC00847(2).jpg
    DSC00847(2).jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC00853(2).jpg
    DSC00853(2).jpg