GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Shadow Blue Golf/GTI Thread

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Greetings, fellow Shadow Blue owners! I am now the proud owner of a SB 2012 2-door GTI. Can't say enough about the color; in fact it's part of the reason I ended up picking a GTI.

Don't think I'll be modifying my car at all, save for the wheels (OZ Superturismo LM's), the clear bra (which from the sound of things was a great idea), and the yellow fogs (which are on their way). There are quite a few beautiful GTI's on here and you guys definitely inspired me with some interesting ideas; looking forward to input from forum members. I also enjoy doing a bit of photography here and there, so I hope you enjoy my pictures.

where are you located in the bay man?

rasetsu

Ready to race!

vilesyntax

Ready to race!
Greetings, fellow Shadow Blue owners! I am now the proud owner of a SB 2012 2-door GTI. Can't say enough about the color; in fact it's part of the reason I ended up picking a GTI.

Don't think I'll be modifying my car at all, save for the wheels (OZ Superturismo LM's), the clear bra (which from the sound of things was a great idea), and the yellow fogs (which are on their way). There are quite a few beautiful GTI's on here and you guys definitely inspired me with some interesting ideas; looking forward to input from forum members. I also enjoy doing a bit of photography here and there, so I hope you enjoy my pictures.

Sweet looking car... tastefully done!

All I'd say is if you really don't wanna mod your crazily is just get some nice springs or coilovers and be done. :w00t:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion

nice now lower it kill the drop :w00t:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Any more shadow blue love ?

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!

Those wheels looks amazing. Are they 18" or 19"? Such a neat "rally" look for the GTI.... :thumbsup:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Some pics from last week. Gonna try out that meguiars ultimate this weekend if the rain goes away.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jmarch

Ready to race!
Some pics from last week. Gonna try out that meguiars ultimate this weekend if the rain goes away.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I've used the meguiars ultimate and like how the car turns out.

Tirasoudain

Sweet looking car... tastefully done!

All I'd say is if you really don't wanna mod your crazily is just get some nice springs or coilovers and be done. :w00t:

Thanks a lot! I would like to lower the car maybe 1/2", but, and this may sound ridiculous to some of the guys on here, I'm really not ready to compromise the beautiful ride quality this car has. My previous car was a 1966 Mini Cooper S (see attached picture), and while it is probably the best-handling car of all time, the ride quality was um... compromised in terms of comfort. I used to be really into modifying everything and anything to the tune of stiffer, louder, and faster, but I've sort of done a 180 and am really enjoying the work those VW engineers did in creating a truly balanced car. I have to say I think the damping on this car in the stock configuration is fantastic.

Those wheels looks amazing. Are they 18" or 19"? Such a neat "rally" look for the GTI.... :thumbsup:

Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for! I've always loved Superturismos, and the fact that every single WRC car is fitted with OZ's didn't hurt either. They're 18x8, and I ended up keeping the stock Pirellis even though I really don't need an all-season here in NorCal. Wasn't worth it to ditch perfectly good, brand new tires. Plus I saved ~8 lbs per corner which is actually noticeable from behind the wheel.

Keep those SB pics coming!

Attachments

• IMG_2313 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_2313 - Version 2.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 356

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Your wheels. Give them to me.

Now.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
side skirts on. Waiting on bumper cover now.

Looks good! Wheels show off your BBK well! I still haven't seen a sb in the flesh. That color isn't available here in Canada.