GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picked up a Miata (NB)

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to have to jump on the "this is a chick car" bandwagon. As long as you have fun driving it though that's all that matters.

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to have to jump on the "this is a chick car" bandwagon. As long as you have fun driving it though that's all that matters.

Different strokes for different folks. And yes as long as one is happy with their chassis of choice, that is all that matters.

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
Jealous! I have a serious craving for a Miata or S2000. When either the kids move out or I make enough money to have two cars for myself, I'll have one.

They are a ton of fun, I have driven my friend's S2K (AP2) and obviously stock for stock it has significantly more power. Also gotta love the redline on those things, its like a sportbike in car form lol. I like my whip of choice since its lightweight (under 2,400 lbs) and it has lots potential, but then then again that could be said for most cars granted enough money is put into it but for the fun for dollar factor, the MX-5 delivers.

Here are some of my favorites from each chassis (Miata and S2K)

Last edited:

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
They are a ton of fun, I have driven my friend's S2K (AP2) and obviously stock for stock it has significantly more power. Also gotta love the redline on those things, its like a sportbike in car form lol. I like my whip of choice since its lightweight (under 2,400 lbs) and it has lots potential, but then then again that could be said for most cars granted enough money is put into it but for the fun for dollar factor, the MX-5 delivers.

Here are some of my favorites from each chassis (Miata and S2K)

Sorry to say but that is WAY too much drop and camber to enjoy the driving experience of a roadster.

McQueen77

Banned
Sorry to say but that is WAY too much drop and camber to enjoy the driving experience of a roadster.

Seriously, looks ridiculous.

Congrats OP, fun car. Other guy was right, def a reason why there are so many of them on track days. Drive the shit out of that thing when you go shopping for aroma therapy candles you little pony.

Totally kidding. :)

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion

Seriously, looks ridiculous.

Congrats OP, fun car. Other guy was right, def a reason why there are so many of them on track days. Drive the shit out of that thing when you go shopping for aroma therapy candles you little pony.

Totally kidding. :)

i like a well done miata, but i don't fit in them so thats a minor set back haha

this is my buddy's ms miata

1. Yeah I agree, I like slammed/poked set ups but not on my own car. I tend stick to conservative (in my case safe/stock offset) but later on I will get some more aggressive/lower offset & wider wheels that still retain all the good handling properties of a functional set up. I usually HAVE to lower all my cars but surprisingly I feel just fine rolling around at stock height with the NB. Maybe its because of its already low seating position/roofline + lip kit...it doesnt feel so bad and 4X4 status despite the fistful wheel/fender gap lol. I will lower it eventually it though.

2. Thanks man, I already put 600 miles last weekend. I have always been addicted to driving around, this car just made my addiction even more so. I put around 30K+ every year (mostly cruising to particularly nowhere) Its just so nimble and compact, as if I am piloting a squirrel on wheels. This car is a total chick magnet though, chicks dig it. :D

3. Your buddy's car looks pretty good, although I do feel there is a color clash with the paint and wheels. Luckily I fit in mine, being a slim Asian dude @ just 5'8" works out lol. This car was made for short Asians...err any shorties for that matter haha.

Some taller folks are determined to fit in the Miata so they do foamectomies on the seats to get more headroom, removed the sunvisors cuz it blocks visibility at times, shorten the parking brake handle cuz it his the leg/thigh area, etc.

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion

Team SH representing.

(SH = stock height)

I really wanna ditch the front license plate but considering I have 15% tint and no muffler (straight pipe) I will leave it on. One less reason for me to get popped.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
let me know when you start modding.

i built one that kept up with vettes. that flying miata kit is freaking amazing. i'd get one if i fit in one more comfortably (6'3" mostly legs :( )