GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Hi Arin

I have a feature or refinement request for the next version of the Stage 1 software. My car's driveability get's pretty bad in the summer heat (I'm in Texas). There's more lag and the power works like a light switch, then surges during acceleration when the heat gets above 90 degrees. I usually end up having to switch back to the stock image for smooth driveability in the summer months - otherwise the car is frustrating to drive.

It's been this way since my car had 3k miles on it (now at 50k) and on both iterations of the Mk6 Stage 1 software.

Anything you guys can do to help with that would be amazing.

Upgrade your intercooler. :thumbsup:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Hi Arin

I have a feature or refinement request for the next version of the Stage 1 software. My car's driveability get's pretty bad in the summer heat (I'm in Texas). There's more lag and the power works like a light switch, then surges during acceleration when the heat gets above 90 degrees. I usually end up having to switch back to the stock image for smooth driveability in the summer months - otherwise the car is frustrating to drive.

It's been this way since my car had 3k miles on it (now at 50k) and on both iterations of the Mk6 Stage 1 software.

Upgrade your intercooler. :thumbsup:

As Jaber said, your best bet is definitely to upgrade your intercooler. In the Texas heat, you're getting massive heatsoak during summer which is causing your issues; upgraded intercooler will fix that for you.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Hi Arin

I suggest an S3 or APR intercooler. I heard SPM is also good.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Aren't you the winey princess that started this rumor thread? What a tool you are for bumping your own rumor and then criticizing APR for not giving you a pony.

APR doesn't have to do shit.

I would just like to interrupt this thread to say to you: f**k off. You haven't bothered to even read the thread.
APR said they are going to do an update and all I've done is start a thread to keep us posted on its progress.

If you've got a problem with your manhood take it somewhere else.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Updating with No Lift Shifting, and low speed jerkiness.

Anyone have info on no lift shifting? Is it a wanted feature by anyone? Just read about it, many other tunes (other markets) have it, so I figured I'd add it to see what kind of response I get on it.

Feature Requests

* Optional Torque management.
- Maybe an option or addition to the file, but only if specifically requested by the user at the time of the update; Otherwise maybe a way to enable/disable the feature via the mobile app for those that really want it.
* Rev Hang delete.
* 2nd/3rd and/or 3rd/4th Boost/Shifting issue
- Throttle body doesn't fully open right away, causing boost to sit at less than 3 psi after shifting, until foot is lifted and gas reapplied, or until waiting for the TB to finally open.
* Custom/Pro tune
- Not sure if this is already available or not (haven't heard about it if it is), but maybe the option to have a "pro" tune as other tuners (in other markets usually) call it. The ability to go in and get a tune specific to the mods on your car. This way someone who has multiple mods above and beyond the requirement for stage 1 / 2 can get more power (if the power is safely available). If this is something that could be made available (probably for an additional cost) I could definitely see myself being very interested.
* Additional Power
- This goes hand in hand with the custom/pro tune. If additional power can be safely squeezed out of the car, I'm sure there would be no complaints. If the turbo is maxed out, obviously no one is going to want to risk a turbo failure, but if more can be had, I'm all for it.
*E85 Tune
- This is being worked on by another tuner, and I believe there is some desire for this by APR users as well.
*DSG Throttle delay
*DSG Pedal Control

- See post #156 by DSGVW for details on that one. His quote, "For instance, us DSG folks take off from a stop and the car is just bogging along in D, zero power to be had. Move your foot 1/4 inch on the throttle and BOOM, downshift and full boost and tire slippage and hoonery ensues. This is insanity in daily driving. Sounds like APRs new tune will allow for more pedal control so you won't lose anything down low, you will just have ot push more throttle to get more throttle, the way it should be."
*Smoother power delivery, less surge from low speeds/stopped
- Post #175
*Low speed Jerkiness
- I have also noticed this quite a bit. The car is trying to catch itself from stalling at really low speeds, and seems to kind of jerk forward. Not sure if it's fixable, but wanted to mention it.
*No Lift Shifting
- Not sure what this would entail, or if it's really desired by anyone, but it seems like it would be an interesting feature to have.

Stage 1 Specific

*Jerkiness
- No idea on the specifics of this, can someone explain to me? Just something I came across. (Post #36 by dcpppf)

If you have additional features you would like to see, post them, I'll add them to the list, and continue to modify it as needed. Any input from Arin would be much appreciated; if something will never be a possibility, let me know and I can remove it from the list.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Updating with No Lift Shifting, and low speed jerkiness.

Anyone have info on no lift shifting? Is it a wanted feature by anyone? Just read about it, many other tunes (other markets) have it, so I figured I'd add it to see what kind of response I get on it.

Feature Requests

- Maybe an option or addition to the file, but only if specifically requested by the user at the time of the update; Otherwise maybe a way to enable/disable the feature via the mobile app for those that really want it.
* Rev Hang delete.
- Throttle body doesn't fully open right away, causing boost to sit at less than 3 psi after shifting, until foot is lifted and gas reapplied, or until waiting for the TB to finally open.
* Custom/Pro tune
- Not sure if this is already available or not (haven't heard about it if it is), but maybe the option to have a "pro" tune as other tuners (in other markets usually) call it. The ability to go in and get a tune specific to the mods on your car. This way someone who has multiple mods above and beyond the requirement for stage 1 / 2 can get more power (if the power is safely available). If this is something that could be made available (probably for an additional cost) I could definitely see myself being very interested.
* Additional Power
- This goes hand in hand with the custom/pro tune. If additional power can be safely squeezed out of the car, I'm sure there would be no complaints. If the turbo is maxed out, obviously no one is going to want to risk a turbo failure, but if more can be had, I'm all for it.
*E85 Tune
- This is being worked on by another tuner, and I believe there is some desire for this by APR users as well.
*DSG Throttle delay
*DSG Pedal Control

- See post #156 by DSGVW for details on that one. His quote, "For instance, us DSG folks take off from a stop and the car is just bogging along in D, zero power to be had. Move your foot 1/4 inch on the throttle and BOOM, downshift and full boost and tire slippage and hoonery ensues. This is insanity in daily driving. Sounds like APRs new tune will allow for more pedal control so you won't lose anything down low, you will just have ot push more throttle to get more throttle, the way it should be."
- Post #175
*Low speed Jerkiness
- I have also noticed this quite a bit. The car is trying to catch itself from stalling at really low speeds, and seems to kind of jerk forward. Not sure if it's fixable, but wanted to mention it.
*No Lift Shifting
- Not sure what this would entail, or if it's really desired by anyone, but it seems like it would be an interesting feature to have.

Stage 1 Specific

*Jerkiness
- No idea on the specifics of this, can someone explain to me? Just something I came across. (Post #36 by dcpppf)

If you have additional features you would like to see, post them, I'll add them to the list, and continue to modify it as needed. Any input from Arin would be much appreciated; if something will never be a possibility, let me know and I can remove it from the list.

I would love nls. That's why I'm holding off on a wot box. I'd rather not cut and splice if I didn't have too

Edit: Plus you hit on everything I was looking for

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
These are my desires for stage 2:

* Rev Hang delete.
* Additional Power (If possible)
*No Lift Shifting
*Linear throttle pedal signal

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
^^wow a useful post!! Thank you!

No problem! Just trying to get it cleaned up and make it useful for APR so that when they hopefully decide to update our tune, they have easy access to what we're looking for in the update.

I would love nls. That's why I'm holding off on a wot box. I'd rather not cut and splice if I didn't have too

Edit: Plus you hit on everything I was looking for

Perfect! Same here, no desire to do any wiring on my car.

These are my desires for stage 2:

* Rev Hang delete.
* Additional Power (If possible)
*No Lift Shifting

*Linear throttle pedal signal

Updated!
Keep the ideas coming. Criticism, additional feature requests, etc., all welcome. I'd really like to get more info on the jerkiness that was described in stage 1. Is it specific to stage 1? Or is it closer to what I described in the low speed jerkiness?

Feature Requests

* Rev Hang delete.
* Custom/Pro tune
* Additional Power
*E85 Tune
*DSG Throttle delay
*DSG Pedal Control

- Post #175
*Low speed Jerkiness
*No Lift Shifting
*Linear Throttle Pedal
- Closer to a 1 to 1 ratio on the pedal. Push 30%, get 30%.

Stage 1 Specific

*Jerkiness

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I hate to poop on anyones parade but most of what syonxwf listed is pretty useless in my opinion. It's a nice wish list but it isn't going to happen.

For instance, APR doesn't have ANY user customizable tunes. Why would they start now with this one?

I think we should have a practical list.

1. more power (if possible but APR already said that isn't likely)
2. smoother first gear acceleration, less 'surging'. But NOT if it means they do what they did in the K04 version 3.0--reduce the torque. Version 3.1 seems better in that regard apparently.
3. I would love to see a more responsive throttle.

But frankly, I don't see anything more than this (if this) happening with an update.

But, keep dreaming.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Aren't the DSG issues addressed in the DSG tune? I have stage 1 and dsg tune and everything is pretty dandy to me. Including low end grunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.