GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Scarlett - MK6 Shizz build thread

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Definitely interested to hear your thoughts on it!

It's pretty much what Corey said, it feels like it keeps the car stable from front to back the same way the XB holds the car together side to side. I definitely felt more stable and if I only had the UB and no XB, I think the difference would have been more dramatic. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase, although I always had my heart set on the red one. Thanks again Rob and I think I am Fastivus ready now! I'm going to save up for a front end respray to get rid of all my rock chips.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
It's pretty much what Corey said, it feels like it keeps the car stable from front to back the same way the XB holds the car together side to side. I definitely felt more stable and if I only had the UB and no XB, I think the difference would have been more dramatic. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase, although I always had my heart set on the red one. Thanks again Rob and I think I am Fastivus ready now!
Definitely good to hear! Thanks Dan!

I'm going to save up for a front end respray to get rid of all my rock chips.

Ohh man, tell me about it. It's on the bucket list for me as well in addition to wrapping the car in a clear vinyl to protect it even more.

Last edited:

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Definitely good to hear! Thanks Dan!

Ohh man, tell me about it. It's on the bucket list for me as well in addition to wrapping the car in a clear vinyl to protect to even more.
I miss my clear bra. Sticker city does great work!

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!

OEM replica lip + Kerscher lip combo. I think I'm finally done with cosmetics.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I've been an avid fan of the Kenu Airframe Mount for a while now, but wanted to try something new.

I ended up with the Spigen magnetic mount.

It uses a flat magnet that attaches to your case.

I'm quite happy with it so far. It held up during a Canyon run with no issues. It swivels and spins with ease. You can adjust how tight the swivel is. I like the magnet compared to putting the phone in the grip. The only con is that the magnet blocks my ability to use the wireless/inductive charging feature, but my case is very easily removable.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!

Neuspeed billet aluminum DSG filter housing going in today as well as Neuspeed front sway bar. Sorry, no pic of the sway.

Sent from my S7 Edge

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I made a collage of some of the front end looks I went through over my 3+ years.

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
After that, I decided to just go all in and be a car guy. I have since spent a ton of money/time/effort on modding my vehicle.

Awesome car, and your quote above is what it's all about! :lol:

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man! I'm 3+ years in and still love everything about the VW community!

I'm only 26 and almost 10 years in. Addicting.
Also appreciate your love for puns (your sig), I'm that lame punny guy at work all day every day......I'm lucky to be alive after a guy threw a can of soda at me? Lucky it was a soft drink :lol::lol:

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I'm only 26 and almost 10 years in. Addicting.
Also appreciate your love for puns (your sig), I'm that lame punny guy at work all day every day......I'm lucky to be alive after a guy threw a can of soda at me? Lucky it was a soft drink :lol::lol:
You sound like you're on reddit a lot. I'm KiDX77 on reddit. [emoji41]