GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Scarlett - MK6 Shizz build thread

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
You sound like you're on reddit a lot. I'm KiDX77 on reddit. [emoji41]

Honestly, I've never posted on Reddit, just browsed TIFU a few times.
Call me an idiot, but I can't read the threads and comments in order. I just find it confusing and if I learnt I'd probably get fired from my job for being on it 24/7. Maybe it's a good thing :laugh:

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Honestly, I've never posted on Reddit, just browsed TIFU a few times.
Call me an idiot, but I can't read the threads and comments in order. I just find it confusing and if I learnt I'd probably get fired from my job for being on it 24/7. Maybe it's a good thing :laugh:
Ya don't start. It's quite addicting.

sarahh

Passed Driver's Ed

OEM replica lip + Kerscher lip combo. I think I'm finally done with cosmetics.

ayyy! you got the kerscher lip! nice!

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I will be switching out my Neuspeed torque mount insert for the HPA red puck very soon. I will be posting my thoughts after driving on it for awhile.

After one canyon run with the Neuspeed front sway bar I didn't feel a ton of difference compared to the RSB, but then again I have a lot more mods since I installed the rear. All in all, my suspension is feeling great especially with the XB + UB.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Before

After

I swapped to the black aluminum paddle extensions. These were $30 off amazon. They are not the best build quality, but feel good so far. I also like the look. I'll report back after some driving.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion

I swapped to the black aluminum paddle extensions. These were $30 off amazon. They are not the best build quality, but feel good so far. I also like the look. I'll report back after some driving.
Looks good Dan! These could actually be mistaken for being OEM lol

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
Looks good Dan! These could actually be mistaken for being OEM lol
In person, they're not the build quality I would want, but what can you expect from China? I'm not willing to pay the price for the full replacements. I'm more interested in the feeling of them, so I'll report back after a canyon run.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!

^ Joke pic, I know it doesn't go there. :) I swapped out the neuspeed torque mount insert for the HPA red puck. I only drove about 5 miles, but the difference is very noticeable. It simply transfers the power much better. The amount of throttle I used to use to hit 50mph is now hitting 60mph. I should have done this mod sooner.

Canyon run pics from the morning.

Last edited:

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!

Don't worry, the only reason my tow hook isn't in those photos is because I re-painted it. I'm a paint noob, so this was a fun project. I'm still drying it, so I will take pics once back on. It didn't come out perfect, but looks fine from a distance. The main reason I did it was to fill in the rock chips I had on it from canyon runs.

Last edited:

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I think they'll do just fine for you Shizz. As long as they came with 3M tape you'll be good.

They look great.

Reporting back. They feel great when using them, because they're aluminum. I've noticed they attract dust a lot more than my old ones. They don't look as pristine as I had hoped, but pretty much only I see them, so I think I can live with them. I like the feel better than my old ones.