GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quest to defeat ESP... Join!

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I love all the people who are scared of what will happen without electrical nannies holding your hands while driving in your VWs. Doesn't anyone remember cars from the 80s and even 90s.. and even the 2000's that didn't have ANY of the traction safety crap we have now?? People actually had to learn what to do in out of control situations instead of the car doing it for them, haha.

maybe this makes me old, lol
yeah, safer cars are stupid. :rolleyes:

freedomgli

Passed Driver's Ed
I love all the people who are scared of what will happen without electrical nannies holding your hands while driving in your VWs. Doesn't anyone remember cars from the 80s and even 90s.. and even the 2000's that didn't have ANY of the traction safety crap we have now?? People actually had to learn what to do in out of control situations instead of the car doing it for them, haha.

maybe this makes me old, lol

Gimme a break. ESC is good for safety and helps even good drivers make the best of a bad situation. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the challenge and skills needed to drive older vehicles. But they are less safe than modern vehicles with all the "electronic nannies." Remember, ESC might just save your life (or the life of a friend or loved one) some day. Luddites.....

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Gimme a break. ESC is good for safety and helps even good drivers make the best of a bad situation. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the challenge and skills needed to drive older vehicles. But they are less safe than modern vehicles with all the "electronic nannies." Remember, ESC might just save your life (or the life of a friend or loved one) some day. Luddites.....

Thats why we want the option to turn it off... Those of us that know how to handle a car on a track want the option to turn it off... Those that don't know how to handle a car can leave the ESC on... Whats wrong with having the option:iono:

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Anyone know If vw has made any public statements about it ?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know If vw has made any public statements about it ?

Not yet...

The conspiracy theorist in me would suggest that it was leaked by VW through unofficial channels to shut us up. This way we get what we want: defeatable ESP. They get what they want: plausible deniability and zero added liability issues.

The only way they will officially address this is is we don't shut up about. Sadly, this will not happen... I was shocked by the abhorrent number of clowns in our own community who shunned the idea (half of them will probably do this tweak anyway). The pestering of VWoA is dead.

08CW R32

Ready to race!
Awesome Guy

Thanks Again! On my way to the gym, stopped by and within less then 5 minutes I was fixed. Glad to see that these forums work for the reasons they were created...share information between fellow enthusiasts and help each other out.....

:thumbsup:

I'll definitely be going this route once things calm down. If anyone needs a vag com cable I'm located in Bethesda, MD and willing to help anyone out.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
APR is now offering it too!!!

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Blazn5

Ready to race!
GO APR!!!! I now do not dis-like ANYTHING about my Golf R! Definitely made the right choice!

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
^just for the record...Although APR had acces to ESP defeat prior to Dotuning independently figuring it out... Dotuning gets credit for finding the fix, which subsequently led to Vortex users sort of "reverse engineering" and posting the defeat up in a 17 page thread. APR in essence validated independent work by posting the DIY.
This. I wasn't about to tinker with my ABS by cutting and pasting a piece of code that some guy posted on the internet, no offense to anyone here. When APR puts it out, though, that's a different story.

ian dummy

Ready to race!
This. I wasn't about to tinker with my ABS by cutting and pasting a piece of code that some guy posted on the internet, no offense to anyone here. When APR puts it out, though, that's a different story.

what's funny is that the javascript APR have on their website is identical to the code that sc0ttyB from the Vortex wrote and is posted on http://carsareweapons.com/golfR.html. this can be verified by viewing the source code on both pages.