GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Cool. I just placed an ordered on the Koni coils, and I think I'm going to use your setting. It's not copy-righted right? lol

LOL. Just to make it easy to figure out you should have 12 threads left on the front and 6 in the rear for the same drop.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Did the rear perch come with 2 plastic ring? Didn't look like there is in the pix. Mine came with 2.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Now if I can only find the time to install it.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to removing the the GTI badge from the rear.

Sorry for the overcast crappy cell phone pic. Better pics to come in the future.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. There is a show in Daytona for VWs around February I will visit. I would love to go to SOWO but not sure if I can make it up there.

if you here anything on Daytona, lmk. i keep hearing its a bust this year. I found some other smaller shows. 3/17 lakeland, 4/14 yankees stadium, 4/15 sanford

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
if you here anything on Daytona, lmk. i keep hearing its a bust this year. I found some other smaller shows. 3/17 lakeland, 4/14 yankees stadium, 4/15 sanford

I will keep you posted on the Daytona one. I knew about the one in Lakeland but not Sanford.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Happy New Year!

The APR intercooler and BFI torque engine mount were installed today.

First thing I notice or did not notice I should say is the vibrations. I expected more based on the feedback I have seen in the forums but it was minimal. I slapped it in reverse to see how bad it would be with the DSG and again I was impressed with the minimum vibrations.

On to the drive, once the engine warmed up I started punching it. Right away I can feel the shifts firm and less wheel hop.

As far as the intercooler is concern I was a happy camper. I was actually shocked how light and flimsy the OEM intercooler was compared to the APR intercooler. Although the weather is cooler than normal I did hard driving for at least an hour with zero heat soak issues. I can't wait for the summer to really put it to the test.

The only regret I had was not getting the stage 2 mount. However, once my wife drove the car that thought changed quickly. She was quick to complain about the vibrations at idle. Then in reverse she felt it more. Even my four year old asked her what is wrong with the car because he felt the vibes. So I am glad I went with the stage 1 but I guess since I have had upgraded mounts in prior cars I am used to the vibes.

Last edited:

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Performed a little trick this weekend that help eliminate wind noise inside the cabin.

Electrical tape wrapped around six times on each side.