GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Tried both. Grease and tape. The only thing I didn't try is realign the door. I'm used to the creaking now. It doesn't bother me anymore.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Just goofing off with the camera phone today.

This one I am going to take a better pic one day with my wife's camera.

and finally a milestone was hit today.

Last edited:

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks...my college football season ended faster than yours (Canes) :banghead: but my pro football season went all the way to the end (Giants) :beer:

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Have you measured your FTG lately? Looks a bit lower than the earlier pics. I just ordered Koni coils today and will probably set them at a similar height.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
After reviewing some topics about it I decided to make the $26 investment into a bluetooth dongle and the Torque Android app. My main purpose was to have a tool that can let me know of any errors and a cheap boost gauge. I purchased the BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool from Amazon for $21. Two days later the dongle arrived and it was time to play with the settings.

It was quick and easy to sync up the car with the phone. I set up my car profile. The toughest part was figuring out the weight for the HP and torque readings. I set mine up at 1463.19 kilograms. After that it was off to drive around and see what this thing is all about.

My first impression was how accurate everything was from outside air temp to coolant temp to intake air temp. The only things that are off is the boost gauge telling me I am spiking at 35psi and telling me I have 300hp but I am only stage 2. I haven't had time yet to try different atmospheric pressure settings to correct the boost gauge but others have compared their standard boost gauge to this app and have stated accurate results.

Here is some pictures on where I have mounted since I already installed a phone mount in my car.

Here is a current screen shot that I took this morning:

Overall, I am very happy with the purchase and will be excited once I get the boost gauge accurate.