what colour R wheels look better on a black golf

• black

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • hyper silver

Votes: 34 79.1%

• Total voters

Sand

Ready to race!
so i had been looking into this whole h15 banter and lack of after market bulbs, which is travesty in itself. :thumbdown:
i thought "how bout a HID kit that'll fix things :happyanim:" then i realised that if i didnt have the headlight washers it wouldnt be MOT'd in the UK :mad: so that was ruled out unfortunately. i hearf of those xtec h15 covers to change the colour from 3100k to 6000k. it was a cheap enough to warrant a buy. so i did...
they arrived i slapped them on and holy shit. how fucking UGLY :eek: :thumbdown:
honestly its so blue and horrendous! not to mention the fact it isnt a full cap so you still see the yellow centre! i instantaneously removed them and through them in the trash :laugh: here is a pic anyway

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm not seeing it.

Sand

Ready to race!
so today i may have got carried away and installed some lower grille DRLs.
i wired them up to my parking lights and im planing on getting matching colour of H7's as i already had parking lights ordered.

a little DIY info:

i removed the lower side grilles. they pop out rather easily.

it only has 3 clips and one sort of insert bit closed to the wheel. so you start from the inside and pry it open towards the wheel and it simply lifts out.

using a paperclip as a conductor i determined which of the wires in the harness (btw wtf is that wire cluster called?) was the parking light one.

it turned out to be number 10. then i did some googling to find which is the 'ground' wire and i think it was number 8. we pushed the bare wires into those inserts and secured them and flipped the switch to see if it worked.

so far so good :happyanim:
worked out where i wanted it.

cut out the necessary area and stuck it in and used makeshift brackets (didnt like the ones provided. sorry i forgot to take a pic at this stage)

voilà!! :thumbup:

its a bit blue but after i change the bulbs it'll match better. here is a photshop of what i'll try and do. p.s i i couldnt be bothered deselecting the drls when i changed the filters so it looks bluer than it should, but you get the idea

im quite happy with it, changes the car up quite a bit :D :thumbup:

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Very nice :thumbsup: I would like to see a picture of it during the day

Also did you change out any of your headlight lights they look white?

Sand

Ready to race!
Thanks guys.
No I didn't change any of the headlight bulbs. The low beams are sort of white anyway arent they? Its the parking and drl lights that are a healthy piss colour :lol:

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, but if you could match the color with your parking lights that would be sick!

Calvintran

Ready to race!
hey nice work on the drl

it looks a bit bright tho... if possible i would try to make it connect to a switch for fogs like real oem fog but thats gonna take some work i think

you think one of those euro light switch with fog and all that would work? i have no clue about the light switch and all that haha

Sand

Ready to race!
hey nice work on the drl

it looks a bit bright tho... if possible i would try to make it connect to a switch for fogs like real oem fog but thats gonna take some work i think

you think one of those euro light switch with fog and all that would work? i have no clue about the light switch and all that haha

well you know you dont have to right? you can just use the wires of the old fog lights and solder them to the new, appropriate wires. this is obviously a very rustic method but it gets the job down without coding needed etc.

for example i drew a wire from the harness, the parking light socket thing in this case, into the DRL's and they would come on when i turned on the parking lights. the problem here which i hadnt noticed was they would flash when i indicated, to my embarrassment! :eek::eek:
anyway i didnt really like the look of them during the day so i took them off!

this is the new venture!!! :D:D

i was in two minds but i saw another member (djunited) with them and im sold!! :drool:
his car...

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
well you know you dont have to right? you can just use the wires of the old fog lights and solder them to the new, appropriate wires. this is obviously a very rustic method but it gets the job down without coding needed etc.

for example i drew a wire from the harness, the parking light socket thing in this case, into the DRL's and they would come on when i turned on the parking lights. the problem here which i hadnt noticed was they would flash when i indicated, to my embarrassment! :eek::eek:
anyway i didnt really like the look of them during the day so i took them off!

this is the new venture!!! :D:D

i was in two minds but i saw another member (djunited) with them and im sold!! :drool:
his car...

Link to a website I can buy these at?

Also, where did you get your LED DRL's? I'm going for a similar setup.

Sand

Ready to race!
Link to a website I can buy these at?

Also, where did you get your LED DRL's? I'm going for a similar setup.

the headlights? well at the moment all i have is an ebay sale from taiwan. they are the manufacturers. LINK

the LED's are from ebay too but i would probably recommend a better pair. like the S6 onees. ive lost the link but its isnt too hard to find. a couple of mkv's have them

Sand

Ready to race!
so i believe there is going to be a customs charge on the lights i plan on getting so im going to figure out how much thats going to be so i dont get absolutely shafted with like 1/4 of the price on top of sales price!