GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saying goodbye to the mk6

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
And hello to this...

It doesn't look like I'll be doing much of anything to this one. Perhaps a JB1 or JB4, but I'm tired of working on cars, so that would be the only thing.

Anyway, it's been... interesting, but not really pleasant dealing with the mk6, so I'm hoping this 7.5 will be a better experience.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
You say that now but I give it a year before you have an IS38 :p Grats on the pickup. I'll likely be heading there within a few years

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Congrats!! Mannn, those mk7’s/mk7.5’s are sexy

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
You had to sign a contract saying you wouldn’t mod!?!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
My gf has done everything but make me sign a contract to nod mod lol.

Gongrats! Didn't know you could get a 7.5 with Austin's.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I almost got an R last week as mk6 is dead atm. I decided against payments, wife said i could do it with the no modding rule. I said naw..
Nice buy enjoy that perty thing!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Love my modded mk6.
7’s aren’t nice enough for me to pay the price yet.

I thought the same thing. Congrats on the purchase, though! You could always do a uni/apr flash without the wife knowing ;)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Are those halogen headlights? NAR GTi’s always seem to be less well optioned than the standard car here in Europe, a way of keeping the cost down maybe?

Nice car by the way! A mk7.5 will likely be my next car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
Are those halogen headlights? NAR GTi’s always seem to be less well optioned than the standard car here in Europe, a way of keeping the cost down maybe?

Nice car by the way! A mk7.5 will likely be my next car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having bi-xenon in my mk6, I'll never go halogen again!

I hope he opted for performance pack, LSD and more power for almost no cost!

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
After having bi-xenon in my mk6, I'll never go halogen again!

I hope he opted for performance pack, LSD and more power for almost no cost!

All the 18s come with 220 hp... I wanted lsd, but the XDS is standard on all models (which is not manual lsd), the SE has LED headlights, so all have at least the LED running lights, but the SE would've also been a whole lot more expensive (by about 4k) and I couldn't do that. I just always seemed to have an ongoing issue with my car with the mods I had added and all of the videos I've watched said the 7 was a very solid platform, and one which I don't care to void 72k of warranty. An intake isn't worth it, a jb1 or 4 or even neuspeed power module is plenty to get it to respectable levels of power alone, and is quick and easy to remove, but any actual ecu "flashing"... is out.