GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Why limit to just two. ..get a brand new v6 accord for $25000

Can't go wrong with a Honda Accord. But the 4 door is BLAH, and I can't get a coupe, even though the Accord coupe is a good looking car.

The 3.7L engine in that G37 is very tuneable. Intake, Exhaust, downpipes and tune will yield around 50 rwhp.

I can live with that. The 37 has almost 330hp stock. To be around 375 would be sweet

Sorry, am I the only one that thinks that the stock exhaust on all the infinity cars/crossovers sounds like a fake attempt at a riced out exhaust? seriously, it sounds so fake it's ridiculous.

Anyways, I wouldn't go with either of the choices. I'd probably go for a 3 series coupe for that price.

I love the sound of all Infinity exhausts. And when aftermarket....they sound BEASTLY.

If I where in your shoes I'd probably opt for a newer Used STI.

I don't want a manual transmission. If i did...I would already have an R.

How about a TT-rs

Two seater. Can't do it. I haul my 7 year old son around a good bit. To and from school...basketball...baseball...soccer...cub scouts...etc. In my state (PA) your kid has to hit puberty before he/she can sit in the front seat. My kid will have a fukn mustache before I can get a two door car or a two seater. I know how much I hate climbing in and out of the backseat of a coupe......it SUCKS. I'm not doing that to my kid. Yeah..coupes are cooler and look better but I'm 40 years old...to old to be cool.

I want a car that is SEMI cool and a little fun too. But it has to be 4 door. Automatic. And I prefer AWD this time around.

So it all leads back to the G37 or the A4 pretty much. There is the 4 door 328xi...but they are hella slow. The A4 is slow too but at least its tunable to the point that its somewhat interesting. Maxima is nice but I can't decide if they are ugly or not...plus they are FWD only. The A4 is good looking. The G can be dressed up to look presentable I think. What am i missing? A 335xi I suppose....but I would really have to get lucky and find one with the right miles and at the right price too. A CC 4motion v6 I would also like but they are crazy expensive

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to see the dyno where a N/A 3.7 gained 50 WHP from intake/exhaust tune. That's increadibly high.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
the G will be so much more fun to drive/mod than an A4...A4 is a great drive, smooth and nice and all, but seriously its boring.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Hmmm, the G37 will out handle a A4 any day of the week. It's a 350z under that sheet metal.

you mean a 370z, right? and is he talking about a sedan or coupe... things to think about. he also mentioned AWD... so, your comparison is pretty off there.

I'd like to see the dyno where a N/A 3.7 gained 50 WHP from intake/exhaust tune. That's increadibly high.

this^

McQueen77

Banned
A4. Handles better, plusher interior, and you can chip it. has a good 8 spd auto in it to with paddle shifters

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, man. I just checked and it only comes in a six speed.

Well, here's hoping that the mk7 turns out to be much better than the mk6.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
you mean a 370z, right? and is he talking about a sedan or coupe... things to think about. he also mentioned AWD... so, your comparison is pretty off there.

this^

Still the same car and platform.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

Myg37 or g35driver forums has all that. Mine was a 3.5 and gained 38rwhp. The 3.7 gains much more from the same mods.

Uberryan

Banned
Neon Srt-4