GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spare Tails -- New use question

The Yetti

Ready to race!
Hi All,

I was thinking of upgrading my tails to the R style in a couple months and ran across a thread that asked what people did with the stock parts after they upgraded. My girlfriend has an empty shed so I was thinking of storing my parts in there until otherwise. But I was thinking of ways to use to the parts in other ways if they weren't on the car itself then I came up with an idea! Is it possible to turn the tailights into actual lamps? I have a book case and I think they would look great as book ends, especially if dimly lit. Any ideas how to go about doing this?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I couldn't find a good spot so just went with this!

Thanks!

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
9v battery should power the bulbs, if not try a 12v. they sell those at radio shack and they are tiny (smaller than a AAA battery) so the could fit anywhere

zrickety

The Fixer
You'll just need a wiring pigtail to plug in to them. A 9-12v power adapter would definitely work.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Yeah a 9-12V power source would probably be just fine for Halogen bulbs in the stock tails.

If you were trying to light the LED tails, I probably wouldn't suggest the same method without some more investigation.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
post pics when you do it. could look kind of cool.

i hope to have a v8 block center table one day in my living room.

The Yetti

Ready to race!
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys! I will be trying this hopefully by the spring!