GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

spiker369's Journal -- 2010 CSG GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
That escalated quickly.

spiker369

on air, don't care
For those asking, yes I got a mk7! A white 2017 SE, has Lighting Package and Performance Pack! Super happy with it so far! Only got $5k trade in on my mk6, but remember I was in an accident shortly after I got it!

Current plan is to keep it mostly stock since I got an extended warranty to 10 years 100,000 miles for power and bumper to bumper, I also pre paid for the service for the next 3 years/30,000@10k intervals.

I'll post what parts I took off the mk6 shortly. Hopefully this weekend I can lay everything out and get photos and pricing posted. Took off everything except the intake and DV+.
But for now, I leave you with photos of GiGi and the new, currently unnamed, mark 7 GTI.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Congrats Kyle!! Can't wait to see it

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Roughly 82500. But I also had the accident where the side airbags deployed around 2 months into ownership. So that didn't help at all with the value lol

Gotcha. I was trying to get more or less an estimate of what they would offer me if I tried to trade in/sell the car. I am just about to roll over 86k on my 2010, so we are pretty similar.

Hoping at least $7k is possible for mine lol no accidents.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Congrats Kyle!! Can't wait to see it

Thanks! There are some pictures a few posts up but it just looks like a stock white mk7 lol.

Gotcha. I was trying to get more or less an estimate of what they would offer me if I tried to trade in/sell the car. I am just about to roll over 86k on my 2010, so we are pretty similar.

Hoping at least $7k is possible for mine lol no accidents.

Yeah when I went in for the test drive a few days before actually making the deal, one of the finance guys said my mk6 would probably be between 8k-12k but I guess the accident had a serious effect on it.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Was the old MK6 salvage titled? I was wondering why they only gave you $5K for it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Damn, they stole your mk6.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Was the old MK6 salvage titled? I was wondering why they only gave you $5K for it.

Looking at the carfax, it doesn't look marked for a salvaged title.

Damn, they stole your mk6.

The value of the mk6, especially 2010's, isn't that high at all. I just did KBB value on it in "Good" condition, and it's only estimated between $6k-$8k.. My car had paint damage from the previous owners, the interior was falling apart (headliner, and door cards), also the engine issues. So I was more than happy taking $5k knowing about all that plus the accident! :thumbsup:

flakomk6

Ready to race!
Dam son, that exactly what happened to me with my first car. 2 weeks later a lady took a curve and hit my parked car. (Hello Florida lol)

When I traded it in For my mk6 i got 1500 for it lol

But just curious, What brand tail lights you had on your mk6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiker369

on air, don't care
Dam son, that exactly what happened to me with my first car. 2 weeks later a lady took a curve and hit my parked car. (Hello Florida lol)

When I traded it in For my mk6 i got 1500 for it lol

But just curious, What brand tail lights you had on your mk6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that. Our drivers suck. I had Depo tails, got them from OnePerfectDose, not sure if he still sells them or not but they were perfect.