GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sputter at high boost

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
No luck at AU when you went?

Nope. We went on a test drive and couldn't replicate it, but they did say I'm boosting too high. Everything else literally check off fine, they also told me to try my OEM DV cause they've been seeing problems with the DV+ and that MAY be the issue. I went home and swapped them out and was not the issue.

Sorry to hear about your issues. After reading this thread I am no longer tempted to get a Revo tune even at the current sale price.

yeah, I'd stay away from Revo!

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe your tuner mistakenly flashed you the Revo K04 file instead of Stage 2 which is why you're boosting too high and bogging out at the low RPMs? :iono:

It's far-fetched but I'm out of ideas :p

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Maybe your tuner mistakenly flashed you the Revo K04 file instead of Stage 2 which is why you're boosting too high and bogging out at the low RPMs? :iono:

It's far-fetched but I'm out of ideas :p

hahah appreciate all the ideas! I'll be at Pacific German this weekend so hopefully they it done.

Seen it happen.

I'll ask them when I'm there. Thanks!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Nope not yet. I don't think i will.
they said they wouldn't be able to do much cause they're not a Revo dealer and wouldn't be able to compare the tune vs actual. :(

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Found this broken off. So much for Godspeed.. now I regret recommending this to people, although a lot of other people have had this a lot longer then me.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
I remember reading a thread where a dudes downpipe had a leak and was loose which was throwing something offwhich lead him to get fuel cuts. once he fixed it, it went away.

Edit: this one...http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54455

Anyone think since its open to move freely, it can throw things off which only happens at a turn/curve possibly opening up where it connects to manifold or anything like that? idk I'm just trying to think of shit. lol

Last edited:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Wow! :eek: Do you have aftermarket engine and transmission mounts or a dogbone insert? Just wondering if it could've been prevented.

Could be pulling one of your O2 sensor wires during turns and causing the fuel cuts. :iono:

Theories are endless at this point :p

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha seriously dude! Im willing to check anything. lol

but nope, no mounts or anything.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
I apologise for not reading the entire thread. Seen you checked everything from plugs to your downpipe and sensors. Have you regapped the plugs to 0.7 mm? This is recommended on the BKR7EIX

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
never saw that^^^^
but yes, they were gaped to recommended gap.

So, yesterday i replaced my intake, the filter was pretty dirty so i got a new one, then went out for a drive and it didn't sputter/fuel cut!!
I took it around the corner where it ALWAYS did it at, and it didnt do it. Pulled strong all the way through, did really good at the canyons too.
BUT last night as i was going home, hit that corner andn boooom. it did it...
Just cut fuel/bogged down then caught back on. :cry:

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with my intake or maf. Maybe i should replace my MAF sensor.
When this first happened i unplugged my maf and didn't have an issue for almost 4k miles.

:iono:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Anybody ever have problems with your LPFP???
been reading on it, and seems that some people had this issue, but with their MKV.

Like said above, I had this issue a couple times with low gas, CEL will pop up and once gas is filled, the CEL will disappear.... Anyone have suggestions or tips?? I need a check this dawm CEL.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
So I believe ive been getting this code every single time I'm on a right turn; P2293 - Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Performance
I've done some research on it and some have replaced the fuel pump, the wire alone, or even the "the whole fuel system".
I gotta figure out what MY exact issue is, so off i go to do some more research.
Now, I do have an extended warranty, BUT, again, I am tuned with bunch of mods, so I'm wondering if they'd even want to cover it.
I go to a mod friendly dealership but wonder if it's case to case.

Any input guys??

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Bump!!!

Any tips??
Thinking if doing my cam follower today. Should just replace my HPFP too? or can I see if it's the follower throwing things off.
I just touched 47k.