GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs 2009 G8 GT

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^its hard to be driver error with an automatic...foot down, hold on...

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
Although you did beat him it is kind of unfair how you can be in your powerband from the get go where it takes his tranny a little bit of time. I'm sure it would have been a closer run if he had been able to downshift to be in his powerband. Nice kill though!

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
The only problem with this race was the timing of my friend. He's kind of lets say "slow" lol. Because he has an auto tranny he had to gas it, and there would be a "lag" kind of ironic how a naturally aspirated engine has more of a "lag" than a turbo car :)

PatrickBateman

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ran my buddy's bone stock G8 GT last night. Both on low fuel, both no passengers. I have 2door 6MT with APR stage 1 tune, APR intake, running 100 octane with the 100 map.

We got on the highway and he paddle shifted to get into the proper gear...no auto lag. We started from 40 mph. I was in 3rd at about 3 grand. I initially pulled away for about half a car length, but was shifting at 6000 rpms and not really banging through gears like I should have been, so he reeled me in and were so closely matched to 130 or so. We ran a second time from zero just for laughs. I really fell on my face for first gear (stock all season tires, so big surprise there). Once I got traction in third, he pretty much maintained the 2 car lengths he had earned from the dig all the way to 120. Conclusions: 1 - I am super pumped to be running with one of the big boys. 2 - I need tires.

I believe he is 365 hp 385 torque at 3995 lb. Based on what I can estimate from APR's site is with 100 octane and intake my car may be around 280 hp 339 torque and would have slightly better hp to weight with 100 octane, but he will have the edge if i am running 93.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Wow can't believe that happened, I always considered that car to be a cheap M5.

Still the best car Pontiac adapted from Holden.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill!
DSG > ANY auto lol
Not sure about PDK though, I've heard people say it's better then DSG...
Ford's DCT also sucks in the Focus.

Yeah PDK is :eek:

My dad's 911S has it and that thing shifts FAAST. I have yet to race him :laugh:

AnthonyNTC31

Passed Driver's Ed
you guys are funny......

the G8 GT left the car in drive....and when he floored it the transmission took time to kick down. if he would have used the semi-auto future and put it in 2nd at 40, before he started the race he would have beat the GTI atleast on the top end. thats why the GTI jumped out 8 cars......

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
you guys are funny......

the G8 GT left the car in drive....and when he floored it the transmission took time to kick down. if he would have used the semi-auto future and put it in 2nd at 40, before he started the race he would have beat the GTI atleast on the top end. thats why the GTI jumped out 8 cars......

This exactly. Thank you
And not trying to convince anyone otherwise?
I have a new vid of my car against his, except he has a lot more mods now and dynoed ~366whp

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
The fastest on the quarter mile thread on vortex is 106.8 for stage 2. Lowest is 100. Either way. Idk why nobody expected this outcome.