GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Yep! Was really surprised with how fast I got em back, figured it's because the winter is slower but yeah. I was debating on just going down to their shop and getting it done too, they're like 10 minutes away from me.

I was gonna ask how close you were to them. My revisions take a minimum 2 week turnaround... granted I'm on my 12th or 13th revision.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Will also depend on setup as well. Dialing in a stock turbo is probably second nature to them at this point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Legit, first Rev was for maf, second was for wastegate and adding timing, and third was for smoothing out the waste gate. I'm gettin little to no knock right now so I'm hoping theres a little more power to be made, otherwise I'm content with it. Coming from unitronic it's a lot smoother and there's more flexibility. Should've went with Cobb from the get go.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yeah ahaha, it's like 16°C where I am now.
According to my Murica-to-Communism temperature converter, it's -1°C here this morning, can't wait to take advantage of that with a big turbo in like 3 years

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
I have a ARM fmic here in Texas. It performs ok, iats still running 30-50 degrees above ambient even in this cooler weather. But I attribute that to my setup. Running a ported stock turbo w/ forge wga and IE intake manifold, creates a lot of heat and heat soak. 23 psi on tiny turbo + metal intake manifold = lots of heat.

It's ideal for a wmi setup which is the route I'm going. Down here I'd run a larger stock location IC if you don't plan on wmi. It's probably sufficient up north where it's always cooler.

I had a bigger stock location i/c when I had my k04 and it still heat soaked. But even after a few pulls on the highway in 80 degree weather it still heat soaked a bit. Meth is more like a necessity down here in Texas.

How much power are you making in stock turbo running that much boost haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I had a bigger stock location i/c when I had my k04 and it still heat soaked. But even after a few pulls on the highway in 80 degree weather it still heat soaked a bit. Meth is more like a necessity down here in Texas.

Haven't had a chance to get on a real dyno yet. Don't plan on getting on a dyno till mid spring at the latest... after adding DPI water meth and tuning for it.

I've been using virtual dyno to get some ballpark figures, software is known to be within 2-3% variance of a actual dyno.

All pulls are on 91 octane.

4th gear pulls are the most consistent. The only difference between the plots below is 75 vs 110 degree starting IATs.

3rd gear pulls... same variance in IATs affecting the output. Datalog 1 dsg limited torque hard... dropped from 3700-3400 rpm mid pull, that's why the wonky torque curve. I have another log that was 269/371, but Dsg dropped rpm from 3900 to 3500 mid pull and I got wheelspin so I think numbers are inflated.

If these numbers are anywhere near accurate I'll be happy lol. Working on getting water meth and port fuel setup. Full e85 + DPI water meth is the goal.

Last edited:

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
According to my Murica-to-Communism temperature converter, it's -1°C here this morning, can't wait to take advantage of that with a big turbo in like 3 years

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Low temps are great but getting tires to hook are the problem, if you're stage 2 or above and it's -1c outside you'll spin pretty easily. I even have slip in 3rd when doing pulls.

brobst

Go Kart Champion

What IC was this? My apr ic crushed miami heat

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
What IC was this? My apr ic crushed miami heat

Your apr is a "real" IC lol. My ARM can't hang.

Last edited:

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Yep! Was really surprised with how fast I got em back, figured it's because the winter is slower but yeah. I was debating on just going down to their shop and getting it done too, they're like 10 minutes away from me.

I was gonna ask how close you were to them. My revisions take a minimum 2 week turnaround... granted I'm on my 12th or 13th revision.

Ok, that makes sense... the internet speed from Canada to Canada must be at "fiber optic" speed. Canada to/from US must be thru "horse driven carriage" speed... ;)