GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

ksandman

Ready to race!
How's the quality on the cts I heard it's... Meh

Meh is pretty close. It was okay quality. I also had their k04 set up and the machine work could have been cleaner but everything worked as it should.

I’d like to get an atp front mount and combine that with meth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Ok, that makes sense... the internet speed from Canada to Canada must be at "fiber optic" speed. Canada to/from US must be thru "horse driven carriage" speed... ;)

Lol takes weeks just to get to the US/Canada border.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Meh is pretty close. It was okay quality. I also had their k04 set up and the machine work could have been cleaner but everything worked as it should.

I’d like to get an atp front mount and combine that with meth

My buddy just installed a cts ko4, machine work could definitely be smoother. And they forgot to send n75 assembly, wouldn't pick up the phone and only responded to email. Overnighted it though.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
My buddy just installed a cts ko4, machine work could definitely be smoother. And they forgot to send n75 assembly, wouldn't pick up the phone and only responded to email. Overnighted it though.

Yeah I've heard the same, I usually have trouble getting in touch with em and they're down the road from me as well.

pdan

Ready to race!
They’ve been really responsive to me over the past 2 months or so. Jared has been awesome, getting back to me sometimes within only a few hours. Currently debating if I want to use my refinement yet, I’ve got some knock that’s probably because of poor fuel in my area. May be moving pretty soon, so I might save it to see if I can squeeze some more power out with better fuel.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
They’ve been really responsive to me over the past 2 months or so. Jared has been awesome, getting back to me sometimes within only a few hours. Currently debating if I want to use my refinement yet, I’ve got some knock that’s probably because of poor fuel in my area. May be moving pretty soon, so I might save it to see if I can squeeze some more power out with better fuel.

Can't hurt to wait it out, what gas are you filling up with right now ?

pdan

Ready to race!
Can't hurt to wait it out, what gas are you filling up with right now ?

The only 93 station I’ve been able to find ha. It’s advertised as a BP, but I’m skeptical of the quality out in the middle of nowhere Missouri.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I've heard the same, I usually have trouble getting in touch with em and they're down the road from me as well.

I thought you just wrote previously that you had 24 hour turn around time from them? 24 hours would be pretty darn good to me.

Regardless and all joking and poking aside, the proof will always be in the pudding. And on that note, it seems that most have been very happy with Stratified with stock turbo tunes (probably not as much data points to know for larger turbo tunes). I will always want something done "right" than "fast" any given time of the day...

As an area of improvement, Stratified can do a better job of setting customer's expectations. I.e. - when you send them an email, you get an auto response email stating, "We are working in a priority sequence and your next iteration will be built as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that the quality of each revision will not be sacrificed in order to have the fastest turn-around time." This is good since you at least know they got it. As an area of improvement, it doesn't give the customer any indication if this means 1 week, 2 weeks or more. Does "priority" mean "first come first served" or does it mean something else? Are BMW, STI or Porsche owners a higher priority that VWs? It leaves the customer wondering and in suspense and not ideal in a customer service oriented business. I'm in the industry and have received similar feedback at one point in my career. So some clarity in setting expectations would go a long way in helping prevent misunderstandings.

Just my .02!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
I thought you just wrote previously that you had 24 hour turn around time from them? 24 hours would be pretty darn good to me.

Regardless and all joking and poking aside, the proof will always be in the pudding. And on that note, it seems that most have been very happy with Stratified with stock turbo tunes (probably not as much data points to know for larger turbo tunes). I will always want something done "right" than "fast" any given time of the day...

As an area of improvement, Stratified can do a better job of setting customer's expectations. I.e. - when you send them an email, you get an auto response email stating, "We are working in a priority sequence and your next iteration will be built as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that the quality of each revision will not be sacrificed in order to have the fastest turn-around time." This is good since you at least know they got it. As an area of improvement, it doesn't give the customer any indication if this means 1 week, 2 weeks or more. Does "priority" mean "first come first served" or does it mean something else? Are BMW, STI or Porsche owners a higher priority that VWs? It leaves the customer wondering and in suspense and not ideal in a customer service oriented business. I'm in the industry and have received similar feedback at one point in my career. So some clarity in setting expectations would go a long way in helping prevent misunderstandings.

Just my .02!

I was talking about CTS turbo in that comment.

I think when it comes to refinements the quick turn around time is a result of only needing to make small adjustments, like stratified has said before the flash tune is 95% of the way there, the refinements just take it to the end. That and they have been doing it for a while so I guess it's second nature. I can only speak for stock turbos but a local guy I know is getting his mk7 r with a CTS boss 500 tuned by Alex and he likes it a lot so far. Theyre definitely taking their time with it as it needs more attention than my kind of setup for example.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
The only 93 station I’ve been able to find ha. It’s advertised as a BP, but I’m skeptical of the quality out in the middle of nowhere Missouri.

I've heard mixed things about BP as well, and yeah fuel sitting for a long time cam have effects on its performance.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I did a pull today and I noticed that my knock ret. (knock) got up to -5.25. I know its normal to see -3 knock from time to time and ive never seen this large of a number and the car is running fine. Im thinking maybe the knock ret. monitors total knock by adding up knock on each individual cylinder ? My question is, should I be worried?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I did a pull today and I noticed that my knock ret. (knock) got up to -5.25. I know its normal to see -3 knock from time to time and ive never seen this large of a number and the car is running fine. Im thinking maybe the knock ret. monitors total knock by adding up knock on each individual cylinder ? My question is, should I be worried?

Monitor it by Cylinder. But brobst is right winter gas is a thing. If gas is bad you can probably add a gallon of E85 to prevent knock.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Monitor it by Cylinder. But brobst is right winter gas is a thing. If gas is bad you can probably add a gallon of E85 to prevent knock.

Good point, i fill up at costco and everyone around me says its good gas. Probably a bad batch. I used to monitor cylinder 1 & 3 and never saw knock above or below -3 or 3. thanks guys